NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Noticeably darker.

lovethatgrey

Do you guys notice that as your grey gets older they seem noticeably darker? I took a picture of Emma about 2 hours after her weekly shower and I was very surprised by how dark she looks. Do you think that the dander on their feathers make them look lighter than they are or am I just imagining.:pinch:

Post edited by: lovethatgrey, at: 2009/03/12 19:45<br><br>Post edited by: lovethatgrey, at: 2009/03/12 19:48

n3.jpg

Their feathers do build up dander almost immediately, which is white it makes them appear a little lighter.

Dayo has not changed in coloration at all with aging. However, obviously after a good soaking shower, he appears MUCH darker for hours afterwards.

I think maybe their diet can affect the color of the feathers but it's just an opinion of mine.

For instance, since I've been feeding my TAG red palm oil his tail feathers are a very brilliant and beautiful deep red with almost a shimmer to it. The color of his grey feathers seems to lighten a little as the feathers get older and as he molts and gets new feathers the new ones seem darker and sleeker, because they are brand new.

I think Tyco's feathers have definatly gotten darker since I got her I think it has allot todo with her diet. She was never anything but a seed diet before and now she eat a more balanced diet she just loves her Zupreem fruity pellets I did try Harrisons but she doesn't like them much so now I mix some harrison in with her cooked foods and she get her Zupreem in her dish she also get a good variaty of differnt nuts and dried fruits along with her veggies eggs cheese and everything else thats good for her. I also noticed that her feathers just shine after she has a bath.

Emma used to seem like she was a silverish grey. Now she seems to be more of a charcoal grey. I agree that since I've been feeding her Harrison's powertreats for the last 3 months her tail feathers are growing in a GORGEOUS and Vibrant looking red. Yes diet plays a big factor doesn't it. At the petshop they were feeding her Hagen's Tropican. Now she eats Roudybush, Lafeber and Harrisons.:)