NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Who Uses a Flight Suit?

PrettyPax

Hey All,

When I got Pax she was trained to wear a flight suit and she seemed pretty comfortable in it. It's been several months now and I haven't been much of a stickler about having her wear it. It will be an arduous process reintroducing her to it. I was just wondering how many of you guys use the suits on your birds and what it takes to get the bird used to wearing one again. I'm also interested in anyone's thoughts on flight suits in general.

Well I have posted on this before. I use them - at home so Fred can hang with us and meander at her leisure on the couch without having to deal with poop and paper towels. I particularly love them when we're traveling and then she can be out in a new place without worry of poop on a non-bird person's furniture!

She is a youngster and I am able to touch her all over - she's very very good. So as far as the flight suit I just put it on her and have let her get desensitized to it over time. The fact that everytime she has it on she gets treats and is able to be with us makes it a positive experience and she never chews on it unless she wants to preen and it's in her way - then she really only picks at it a little. I use that as a signal to remove the suit and put her back on her cage so she can preen herself.