NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hi everyone

Hello to you all.Just a quick introduction.

Im from Lancs/Gtr Mancr,have had an african grey for a year now,we chose to call him ozzy.

although relatively new at the time i bought every book you can buy on the african greys and read them all,amazing how they conflict with different views and opinions.anyway ive read them all and found them usefull for tips and hints,however i have learnt that each bird is individual and hands on experience is the best way to learn.amazing the size of this site,and when i get more free time,i shall peruse it more.

Good day to you all,I'll be back!;)

Hello Lalrmi and welcome to the family, so glad you found us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Ozzy.

We are very proud of our site, it is chock full of great info on just about every aspect of owning and living with a grey and we have a lot of knowledgeable members who go out of their way to help one another.

I can imagine you read a lot of books for there are so many out there and it is no wonder that they would have conflicting advice but we won't steer you wrong here, we live with greys and we have firsthand experience.

Please do read thru the many threads for lots of useful information and do ask questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

If you have some pictures of Ozzy you would share with us we would love to see him.

BTW, how old is Ozzy and has he been dna'd a male?

Hi Lalrmi,

Welcome to the forum. You are so right hands on experience is the best knowledge you can get but I am sure you will find this forum really useful for your Ozzy, I joined after I got my first grey Charlie Its been such a big help to me and its always great to speak with people who share the same interest.

Cant wait to hear more about you both and see some pictures.

Hope you enjoy it here:)

Guest jamalbirdbiz

Hello and welcome to the grey family. Im' shure u will enjoy ur x here. We r all here to help.

Jamal

Welcome Lalrmi and Ozzy!!

It's GreYt having you here. :-)

Yes, the books authors are promulgate a different opinion and theories on the keeping of Greys and caring for them.

I think you will find that we are a "No Bull" group here that just states the facts through experience and the extensive research most of us have done.

There is a mountain of "Crap" out there in books and on the web.... always QUESTION if it is true and factual.

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Hi and welcome.You are so right when you say hands on experiance is invaluable. Books can very a lot on the advise given, the trick is to judge what you think will build trust and ignore anything that could hinder the relationship between you and your grey. I am not too far from you in Liverpool.