NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Did you read about the Grey who escaped...

DarkGreenGoblin

The Metro. Thursday May 22, 2008

Parrot who sang like a canary...

Many parrots can squawk something like "Who's a pretty boy then?" but it's no use when they're away from home and lonely.

However, Yosuke came up with something more constructive when he got lost - his name and address, including the house number.

The African Grey had been taught to recite the information in case he went missing.

And when it did happen police spotted him on a city roof. They rescued him but he refused to talk, let alone sing like a canary.

Yosuke was then sent to a veterinary hospital where staff couldn't shut him him. Not only did he sing, he also came out with "I'm Mr Yosuke Nakamura" and his address.

"We checked it and a Nakamura family really lived there" said police officer Shinjiro Uemura, who helped reunited the owner with his Grey in Nagareyama, near Tokyo,

However there was a lack of gratitude of the parrot's part. "I tried to be friendly and talked to him but he just ignored me" added the officer.

I found this newspaper article from last year, when I was going through a box of me paper gear, and I thought I'd share it; I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but at least other people can now read it, if they missed it.

I thought this story was mega, and a great idea, provided you never plan on moving address :laugh:

Yes I have heard it before and it was posted here on the forum but it is such an endearing story that it bears repeating, it is amazing how that helped get him back to his rightful owner, Mr. Nakamura was truly blessed, thanks for sharing it with us.