NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Weekend Trips

judygram

My hubby and I took a trip up to West Virginia this past weekend to visit my son and his family and I took Josey with me as I usually do. She travels nicely in a travel cage where she has her bowls with water and food and of course some toys.

She started out banging her bell and would get very feisty with it and even hanging upside down on it to get the most out of it. She cracks me up sometimes with that bell.

She also has taken to talking a lot when in the vehicle now as she has been going with us now every time and we go about every other month. It is a 4+ hour trip and she takes it in stride. I leave her in the cage throughout the trip, I don't want to get into the habit of letting her ride on my shoulder especially if I am driving, too dangerous on the interstate highways and especially that West Virginia turnpike.

I think most greys would do fine on trips and I know other members do take their birds along for rides.

Judy, you are so right that they can enjoy car rides too. I think it's great Josey gets to go with you and it sounds like she enjoys it too.:)

I was nervous about taking any of my "babies" any farther than a trip to the local bird store to get their nails trimmed but "life" happened and we found ourselves relocating from Michigan to Texas for a great job opportunity my husband found.

We packed all 4 of our parrots up and drove over 1200 miles to our new house. I was worried for nothing. They weren't scared or nervous at all. I actually think they enjoyed the ride. They sang and talked and squaked just like at the house. When they had their "social hour" of everyone gabbing it got a little intense for me though:blink: They could get loud:laugh: I'm sure we looked like a band of gypies traveling across the country but it actually was a great experience for me, too. It wasn't a boring trip, thats for sure:woohoo:

When we stopped at hotels for the night, I didn't know quite how to explain it, so we just smuggled them in.:whistle:

Here is a picture of Baxter & Bonkers enjoying some popcorn on the ride. They rode together and were travel mates:laugh: My other 2 had their own cages. Traveling.jpg

Post edited by: BaxtersMom, at: 2009/03/04 04:58<br><br>Post edited by: BaxtersMom, at: 2009/03/04 05:01

Traveling.jpg