NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Can anyone tell?

giova31

Hello, I was wondering if anyone can tell me if my baby gray is a Congo or Timneh or if it is an hybrid or something, because I bought it thinking it was a Congo and the breeder tell me it was a Congo but now that he is older I can notice that hes beak is black like congos but its tail is more darker than usual in congos and I don't really know why, he have some bright red feathers in his tail but have a lot of fully gray feathers and people often ask me what kind of African gray it is but I cant really tell.

My gray is 7 weeks old and people tell me that maybe it is because its a baby and maybe when he grow up he will replace the gray feathers with more red feathers

here are some pictures of my baby and its tail,

DSCI0073.jpg

DSCI0066.jpg

DSCI0036.jpg

what do you think?<br><br>Post edited by: giova31, at: 2009/03/03 00:32

{Nature-000200A9}hi there im not too sure because as i read ur post i am looking at RAPPA she was born on 12th december08 and she is a CAG but she also has feathers like yours im sure that this is normal and will change in time

im going to look at the live photo album and check to see if this is the case on other babie CAG's as im very interested in this now lol {Nature-00020095}

You have a Congo. As the tail feathers molt they will be replaced with a solid red without the dark grey on the ends. Whisper is 15 months old and just now got her first solid red feather. Only one so far.<br><br>Post edited by: Char, at: 2009/03/03 01:15