NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello from Greece

Hi everyone,

I just got around to doing this now. I recently started a new job and it's been crazy.

I'm a New Yorker but I've lived on and off in Greece for 20 years. Been here again a year now and looks like we are staying - hence my adoption of CAG Alex after many years with no parrot. I think once you have a good relationship with a parrot you never forget it and there's always that little empty space and something nudging you inside.... LOL

He's 5 months old (just found out) and we've been together a month. He (or she?) is the only pet in the family now (besides my 8 year old daughter!! *joke*) but my husband and I will be adding to the flock a cat and then a dog by this time next year hopefully. Good thing that Alex was first so that the others will be trained as babies to respect him... ;-)

There are some nice people on this forum and I'm looking forward to more give and take. I'm especially interested in those of you who live in Greece, since it's hard to find people who share such an interest here. I would love to know if there are any parrot clubs in Greece - or maybe we can start one???

Cheers,

Renate and Alex<br><br>Post edited by: HappyinGreece, at: 2009/03/01 16:34

Hi Renate, I love the pictures of your daughter and Alex. I am not as brave as your daughter, I would be afraid Alex might bite her lip. Greys do have a wicked bite whether they mean it or not, and I am not brave enough to risk a hard bite and eventual scar. Your daughter is lovely and she and Alex certainly have bonded. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Hello Renate and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Alex.

Those are some lovely pictures of your daughter with Alex but like some others mentioned do be careful of having Alex too close to her face, maybe right now he is in the honeymoon stage and as he gets older they can become more unpredictable. I would hate for anything to happen to your daughter's face, she could be disfigured for life.

Enough preaching, I don't know how many members here are from Greece but you can do a search and maybe find out but any of us would share the same interests as a grey or greys are the reason we are all here.

You will find lots of useful information in our many threads and do ask questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

Hi Renate,realy nice photos of your daughter and Alex.

I dont think we have a parrots club here in Greece.I haven't checked it out though. Any help or information I needed I got them from this forum.Some time ago I was looking for an avian vet and I couldn't find someone who was good. I live in Piraeus 28 years now, We are a family of 5 and we have 2 dogs,2 parrots,2 budgies,1 canary,and an eqarium with tropical fish,oh! I almost forgot and 2 turtles.

Its nice to here that more people from Greece are joining the forum.Hope to hear from you soon again.

GIASOU.Nasy

• 5 weeks later...

I downloaded the photos from my camera the other day and realized a had taken a few more pics of Alex a few days before he crossed the rainbow bridge. I'm using one of them as my new profile image. He's proudly wearing a black cap (from one of my daughter's bratz dolls LOL) and in the other photo he's "brushing" my daughters hair. Too cute....