NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Ssshhh - don't tell her I saw her do it....

LindaMary

I have been trying to get Maxi to even TASTE a pellet ever since I've had her. I tried many kinds, tried soaking them, hiding them in treats: nothin' doin'. She was very consistent about simply cleaning them all out of her dish (or whatever) onto the floor or cage bottom.

Well, a few months back I decided to try the Tom-Sawyer method: I put a few Harrison's pellets in a saucer, sat down at my dining room table and proceeded to eat them with great relish, one by one, as she watched, and would NOT let her share. It didn't take long for this to pique her interest, and I finally gave her a small piece, which she did eat. But she still wouldn't touch them unless I was eating them, too.

A few days ago I took another run at her with them. This time I put half a dozen of them in her "treat dish" - one of the two dishes on her playtop. Normally that dish is where she might find a piece of a millet spray, an almond or a chunk of pomegranate. And last night, as I was sitting nearby "reading a book", I saw her pick out a pellet - crush it up, and EAT it! And then she did it again! She actually ate four of them!

Perhaps there's hope after all. I honestly don't know whether to make a fuss or just ignore it - she seems to be pretty responsive to reverse psychology!

:laugh: :laugh: Sallas & Jen!

Well, I have to admit I have kind of a reputation for being willing to try any food at least once...:laugh: Actually, the Harrison's aren't half bad. I don't have much of a sweet tooth - maybe that's why I prefer them to Zupreem...:P (ssshhhh--don't tell Maxi...)<br><br>Post edited by: LindaMary, at: 2009/02/26 21:50

:laugh: :laugh: Cute story, just goes to show the great love you have for your Maxi!

I've found that greys just can't resist if they think it's something they can't/shouldn't have. Hopefully now that Maxi has had a few she'll decide they aren't half bad.