NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Alfies on a Downer

daveyj

Well i said i would never do it but it was clip Alfie or keep getting Earache from my partner. Hes gone really quiet the last few days as he had the run of the house going anywhere he wanted. But chewing the sofa, doortops,wallpaper, curtains etc finally sent her over the top so he was clipped. Alfie is coming round to the fact he isnt fully flighted but he was on a real downer for a few days e.g no whistles / off his food / no cuddles / no playtime . I got really down to thinking what have i done to my baby. Anyway hes back on form and things are normal. I thought i would post my experience so if anyone has the same symptoms after clipping that things return to normal after a few days sulking :cheer:

Hi Dave, sorry to hear that Alfie had to get clipped, but if it was mandatory what else could you do? I'm sure it was a hard decision for you to make. Maybe after being non-flighted for a period Alfie will decide to behave himself better once those flight feathers grow back. Tell him to hang in there!!

I am sorry to hear you had to clip Alfie.

But, it is totally understandable considering the other option , getting rid of your wife....Oops, I mean your wife may have given you an ultimatum .....to get rid of him.

I am glad to hear Alfie has bounced back. It's no fun having a Grey with an attitude towards you, regardless how short a time it may have been.

So sorry you had to clip Alfie, but sometimes we all have to make hard choices. Darn, darn, darn! You did what you had to do. I'm happy to hear Alfie's funk only lasted a few days. Hopefully, he will have learned his lesson and maybe when his wings grow out he will mind his manners!!!

This is what my breeders said I should do with ZZero. I really appreciate this thread and hearing of your experience. I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the clip but I am considering if things get worse.

Please see my post in training as I still need help