NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

CAGE HELP!!

Glinda2

GreyMiester. this link you post to Parrot Paradise... I go to this store as it's only about 1 hour away from me.. It is 30,000 square feet of parrot heaven... UNBELIEVABLE. Everything and anything right there under one roof.. The only problem with this store is when I go there I usually drop about $300 on toys.. :ohmy:

This is the cage my Grey will be moving into. I got a Medium Kaytee/Super Pet cage: 32" x 23" x 37" Inside

http://www.kaytee.com/products/cages/

with the play top. I'm a student so I really can't afford much. My cockatiel lives in it at the moment.

I like this cage for a few reasons:

-You can open the entire front panel and lift it off the hinges.. cleaning, attaching perches.. etc.

-It has 3 captured(a curious parrot won't be flipping them that way) feed bowls that all can be taken out from the outside.

-It's all welded together so the noise of climbing on loose bars is not possible.

-Powder Coated a nice colour of dark grey with silver traces all over.

Bad things I've found so far:

-Some of the bars have snapped off their welds.

-There isn't really a platform the bird can come out and sit on, or a way for the bird to get from inside to the playtop on its own. More of a personal feature mostly but I will build something just the same.

hveusnthbrige wrote:

-There isn't really a platform the bird can come out and sit on, or a way for the bird to get from inside to the playtop on its own. More of a personal feature mostly but I will build something just the same.

All you have to do is leave the door open and the bird will take care of the rest. My Josey climbs all over the cage.

CeasarsDad wrote:

GreyMiester. this link you post to Parrot Paradise... I go to this store as it's only about 1 hour away from me.. It is 30,000 square feet of parrot heaven... UNBELIEVABLE. Everything and anything right there under one roof.. The only problem with this store is when I go there I usually drop about $300 on toys.. :ohmy:

Luck-eeeeeeee!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lidia

judygram wrote:

Its a split level design and I got it from New Century Bird Supply.

That's a fabulous cage, Judy. I wish Joshua had one like that. I got a second-hand cage a couple of years back, and it was still almost more than I could afford, but it is about twice the size of the one Joshua had lived in since I'd acquired him back in 1989.

4_April_2007_004.jpg

The size of the cage is about right, and I like the landing pad at the front. But it also has loads of flaws, including the fact that the holders for the food bowls are fixed in place, so I can't move them, the front door is so large and so central that it takes up good perch and toy space, and the bottom and grille are not well made. Also, the cage weighs an absolute ton.

I'm looking for a new cage again, this summer, so if anyone out there knows of anything reasonably priced in Ireland (shipping heavy cages is waaay to expensive for me), please tell me. I love Judy's cage, I'd move into it!

4_April_2007_004.jpg

Well I don't know about that, but I saw it at the bird fair we had last summer before I brought Josey home and I got it. She loves it, I open the highest door on the front and she comes out and goes wherever she wants and back inside if she needs a drink or snack. I have to put paper on the floor under the front door because she likes to sit there and vocalize. She also gets up on the toy hook, the highest place and slides down, I crack up when she does that.:woohoo: