NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

HELP!! VERY CONCERNED

bandits_mom08

To night after I put Bandit to bed I changed out of my shirt and noticed there were a couple little specs of blood on the back of my shirt.

I imediatly got Bandit out of her cage and could not find any where she could be bleeding. She has acted fine all day.

To night was the second night that I have sprayed her with aloevera juice. Her skin seems to be a bit dry. Any how, she did let me know that she wasn't happy about it but delt with it.

I read some where that if they are to stressed out that they secreat blood. I have seen her more stresses when I put her back into her cage when I leave than she was tonight but, could this be a possibility???

I hope she is ok. I don't ever want her that stressed that she bleeds.

she seems fine when I put her back into her cage she had a snack before perching for the night. Poop is normal.

Am I over reacting?? I guess this could be something I got on my shit but I don't know what I could be.

Thanks for any input.

Is it possible that you can say where you read or heard about such a thing?

The closest thing to change which can be seen by a person ( which has to do with emotion or fear) is a slight change in the color of the white patch on the face. The color is very pale pink and disappears relatively quickly after the bird settles down. It's similar to blushing.

Your bird might have acquired a slight injury where blood was involved but if you don't see anyone, more than likely it's already mended itself with a possible scab.

Another PS--the only animal that does what you describle is a special amphibian, a toad, which oozes blood from different parts of the body when it thinks it's gonna be attacked and killed by another creature, usually a snake. I forget the name of the toad and also the country where it originates from. The blood is toxic and a snake usually spits it out before any harm is done.

Post edited by: Dave007, at: 2009/02/25 17:09<br><br>Post edited by: Dave007, at: 2009/02/25 17:28