NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

ADOPTING A OLDER GREY IS NOT THAT BAD!

aglover09

HELLO EVERYONE,

THIS IS A UPDATE TO MY OTHER FORUM I POSTED LAST WEEK ON BOO BIRD. I ADOPTED A 10 TR OLD CONGO AFRICAN GREY NAMED BOO BIRD ALMOST TWO WEEKS AGO NOW. AND I COULDNT BE HAPPIER. I SEEN ALOT OF PEOPLE HERE WHO ARE WORRIED ABOUT ADOPTING A OLDER GREY BECAUSE THEY MAY BE USED TO ANOTHER FAMILY OR THE STRESS IN MOVING THEM FROM ONE HOUSE TO ANOTHER. BUT I CAN TELL YOU FIRST HAND ITS A WONDERFUL THING TO DO!

AT FIRST BOO BIRD WAS KINDA QUIET AND SHY BUT AFTER ABOUT 2 DAYS HE WAS TALKING AND TELLING ME GOOD MORNING. HES STILL THINKS HES SUPER BIRD WHEN HES IN OR ON HIS CAGE. BUT YESTERDAY I TOOK HIM TO THE COUCH ON MY LAP WITH A TOWEL UNDER HIM AND HE JUST LAYED HIS HEAD DOWN ON MY LAP AND WANTED ME TO SCRACH HIS HEAD!!! I WAS SHOCKED. TODAY I TRYED THE SAME THING AND HE JUST LOVED IT. IF I WUD STOP SCRACHING HE WUD PUT HIS BEAK ON MY HAND (NOT BITING) LIKE KEEP SCRACHING MAMA LOL.

SO IF YOU THINK YOU CANT TEACH A OLD GREY NEW TRICKS YOUR 100% WRONG. IM SO GLAD I GAVE MY BABY BOO BIRD A CHANCE BECAUSE HE IS TRULY A JOY TO HAVE IN MY FAMILY AND HE WILL BE FOREVER LOVED!!!

Awesome progress with Boo! Keep up the good work. I, too, have recently adopted an older grey (7 yrs old) and she is wonderful. When I first got her 2 weeks ago she was very skittish of anything new in her cage and didnt want to play with any toys. I've since gotten her to start playing "catch" with me with a small ball when she is on the top of her cage. She loves to babble and talk and she is such great company. It sounds as if your Boo bird is going to be a great companion too. I'm very happy for you!