NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello to all...

luvmygrey

My name is Tonia. I recently adopted a Timneh African Grey. His name is Baby. He is eight years old. I have only had him a short while but we both have become quite good friends already. He is quite the character. He loves to show off and spend time with me. Since I have never owned a bird personally...I am glad to have found this forum. I am sure I will be asking plenty of questions and need advice from time to time.

baby-bcc46de8e3c0e281bc510631f4288d5f.jpg

baby-bcc46de8e3c0e281bc510631f4288d5f.jpg

Hello Tonia and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Baby.

Baby is a handsome and fine looking Tag, he looks like he was well taken care of before you got him, I would be interested in hearing how you came to acquire Baby.

You came to the right place looking for advice for we have plenty in our many threads so read thru them and do ask questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

Acutally I went to the pet store to buy some finches for my brother....and a woman came in asking the clerk if she knew anyone that wanted a bird. Turns out she has 13 birds and Baby was getting left out a little. She has had him since he was a baby but felt he deserved a home that could give him all the attention he needed. So...that is how we found each other. And yes, I went to pick him up and all her birds are in perfect health. She was very good to him. At first I was hesitant since she wanted to just give him away (cage and all). I thought something must be wrong with him. But turns out she just really loves birds and knew he wasn't getting enough attention. Trust me...he is now!

Thanks so much

Tonia

Thanks Tonia for letting us know how you came to get Baby, yes she loved him so much she didn't want to put a price on him so she let him go to someone else who could give him the same, you are lucky to have found him, or should I say you found each other, it was just meant to be.