NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

My talkative grey can't seem to talk this morning

mamagray

There's nothing wrong with your bird not making noise. As they get older, they become more selective in when they wanna make noise, or talk. Your bird is a baby and still has to develop those permanent habits. You're talking about an grey which is known to be one of the quietest species of parrots. Another sign that there's nothing wrong with your bird is the fact that every other thing that he normally does is still happening with regularity.

Expect that your bird will do different things as it gets older. Each has a different personality that allows the bird to act differently as they grow up.

Thsnks Dave007. Shehas been totally silent all morning. When I make a usual game of saying I love you. she always resopnds and a hug around the neck. Or she constantly gives the dogs commands or beeps like the dor alarm. She opens her mouth like she is trying to push out a response but there is just no sound. She is never this quiet in the morning . Do they ever get voice box problems? This is my first Grey.

Sometimes they do but it usually has something to do with something stuck in their throat but if that was the problem, they wouldn't eat until the problem is solved. Sometimes it takes a while for them to clear up the problem, usually by spitting up what's in there. Give it a couple of days and if you feel there's a problem, go to a vet and he can check iy out further.