NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Ronco Showtime Rotisserie?

Greyparrot04

Hi,

Does anyone know if it's safe to use this Ronco Showtime Rotisserie with my grey in the kitchen? It has a Non-Stick grate cover and drip tray. It was given to me for free, but if it isn't safe to use I will give it to a friend. She lives in the kitchen in a Cages by Design cage that is pretty big and it's really the only area in the house that I can keep the cage because it's rather large. I cooked with nonstick pots before and she's been ok. I turn the vent on high and open a window in the kitchen and put a floor fan up there and turn it on high. Every time I cook I worry that it's not safe. If anyone knows anything about this Rotisserie or any other kitchen appliances that might not be safe around birds please let me know.

Thanks,

Greyparrot04

Post edited by: Greyparrot04, at: 2009/02/23 06:11<br><br>Post edited by: Greyparrot04, at: 2009/02/23 06:12

cage1.jpg

Hi. I am not familiar with the kitchen appliance you have but at a guess, if it is teflon I would say it is not safe Especially with the bird being in the kitchen.Can you not house him any where else,kitchens are not ideal for birds.

I would not use it if it has any non-stick surfaces. If you are using non-stick cookware you are playing

Russian Roulette with your birds life.

There was a post on here a few weeks ago about someone who has some kind of non-stick oven liner in the oven and killed his Grey almost instantly. don't take any chances just for the convenience of non-stick cookware. Stainless steel is really reasonably priced at wal-mart and will not stick if you let it cool before washing.

PekingeseMama wrote:

I've got the rotisserie and use it occasionally, but my bird is far from the kitchen, too. It's better to be safe than sorry, though, and I wouldn't use it if the bird is housed too close to it.

Please do not feel "Safe" because your bird is "Far" from it. Teflon will kill them regardless of distance in the house.

Unfortuantely, many people have lost thier birds due to the oderlous and poisnous gas to birds it puts out.