NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Lacey is home!

Scarlett

Lacey came home today. She is very quiet and napping a lot but the vet said she is doing better than expected. She must take an antibiotic injection every day for the next 5 days.

We're still not competely out of the woods but, so far, she has been a little miracle. The vet said he would have never expected her to survive 2 hours of surgery. He had remove her uterus and repair her intestines and the egg was HUGE!. He thinks she'll make a full recovery.

Thank you again for all of the kind words and thoughts sent our way. I'll try to post pics of both Scarlett and Lacey later this week!

Mary that is great news to hear and she has come this far, she will make that full recovery, she is a tough trooper for sure and has been thru a lot but with your loving care she will pull thru with flying colors.

Please do update us on her progress and I look forward to seeing some pics of her.

Thats the best news we could get.I am sure you will nurse her through the rest of her recovery just fine.Two hours of surgery is a very big risk to a bird.One question, she is to have antibiotic injections for another five days, are you taking her to the vet for them or are you giving them?