NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I'M SO EXCITED!

Eckobird

Hey everyone!

I am sooo excited! I have decided to get my own Grey and I absolutely can't wait!! I have tried so hard to bond with my mothers CAG but he just won't be nice to me. Whenever I am around or try to pet him he becomes mean, even to my mom who he loves, so she told me I can't play with him anymore. It's really hard for me to stay away from him, I always want to play with him and so this is why I decided to get my own Grey, so I can have that special bond I desire!

After planning for months and searching for the right breeder, I finally found the perfect breeder! They are a very nice couple close to where I live and they are expert breeders! I went to their house a couple of weeks ago and WOW you should have seen how many birds they have! When I went to their house my little Grey was only 5 days old and it was sooo tiny! The parents laid 2 eggs but only one hatched (Hatch Date: Feb 2nd) and I was lucky to claim it first! LOL! So I put my deposit down and will be getting it in 5 weeks! It will be about 8 weeks old when I get it and my boyfriend and I will be hand feeding it. We already got the perfect cage and toys set up inside. I've ordered the book "For the Love of Greys" (suggested by Lyric in another post) to get all the information I don't know yet about Greys. And I come on here everyday to read through all the threads, and it makes me even more excited!

My breeder sent me pics of my little baby yesterday and I was sooo excited! I am going to visit it again this weekend. Today she(hoping for a girl) is 18 days old!

Here is my baby 1 day old:

grey.jpg

and 17 days old:

grey2.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: caitb2007, at: 2009/02/20 16:41

Well congrats on getting your own grey baby but are you sure you want to handfeed it, do you have any experience with it? We don't usually recommend that you purchase an unweaned baby unless you know what you are doing but maybe your mom does, just checking.

Thanks for sharing the pics with us, it is an adorable baby but then they all are.

Here's some pics of my baby from my visit this weekend! I was so happy to finally hold him/her! It is sooo precious and I just cannot wait to take it home!!

cag2.jpg

CAG.jpg

And these are the parents to my little baby:

rents.jpg

My mom is getting a Caique from the same breeder. I heard they love to play and cuddle. Do any of you guys have a Caique? Here is a pic of the parents of my mothers baby:

cai.jpg

Your baby looks so adorable, how precious, thanks for sharing these pictures with us.

Your breeder looks like they have a nice setup for the birds outdoors and they look very healthy.

I don't have a caique but have considered getting one, yes I hear they are very playful and very cute.

• 2 weeks later...

Your baby is so precious looking and that is great that you are going to see it this weekend, we want some more pictures, thanks for sharing it with us.

I can't tell from the picture what that is on the back but you will find out this weekend when you visit then you can let us know.

Hey guys! MOREEE PICTURESS!! hehe I hope your aren't getting sick of all the pictures of my little baby.. I bet not tho! lol My breeder thinks its a boy because his head is square, what do you guys think? Boy or Girl?

6 weeks old:

SDC10545.jpg

His little Timneh friend is hiding in there

SDC10546.jpg

SDC10551.jpg

I also made a video of the little precious thing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brnlK-RYVek

Only 2 more weeks!! I am getting more and more excited!<br><br>Post edited by: caitb2007, at: 2009/03/15 04:28

Your baby is absolutly gorgous. The are so Precious. I just picked up my new baby he/she was hatched on Feb7 he/she is about 5 weeks old and a absolute joy I know how you must be feeling Because I feel the same way. Your baby has much lighter feathers than mine does. I love the look of the lighter coloured feathers Heres a picture Of mine so you can see what I mean

DSC00082-2.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: Tycos_mom, at: 2009/03/22 10:34