NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Greetings from Cincinnati

Scarlett

HI! I'm new here and just wanted to say hello. I have a 7 yr old female eclectus and a brand-new-to-me 7 yr old CAG. We've only had the grey about 10 days. We adopted her from another owner who had too many birds and not enough time. We were told she didn't respond to men but loved women. Funny enuf, she'll let my boyfriend get her out of the cage but I have to wait until she comes out of her cage herself before she'll step up without biting. However, she'll talk for me but not him. Either way she's wonderful and we're having a wonderful time with her. She's the perfect companion to our quiet, huggable eclectus.

so glad to be here and can't wait to read all of the helpful advice I'm sure I'll find.

Have a great day everyone!

Hi Scarlett, great introduction. I am assuming Scarlett is the name of your grey. I truly love that name for a female CAG!!! There certainly is a lot of great information in the various threads of the forums. If you can't find an answer, just ask and some of our experienced members will pop right in and help if they can. If you have any pictures of your grey, we would love to see them. Welcome to the family.

Hello Scarlett and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and your new-to-you grey. What is her name?

I'm so glad you could give this grey a new home, they do need attention and if her former owner didn't have enough time for her then I am sure she will get it now in her new surroundings.

That is partly a myth about them only liking one sex over another, I think it is more of an individual thing but the both of you should continue to work with her as it will keep her socialized and maybe not have one favorite as some are prone to do.

Have you had the eclectus all 7 years? They are beautiful birds and I have considered getting one but then I talk myself out of it, I have a grey and a sun conure and do not think I can bring another bird into the house and give each enough attention.

Please read thru the many threads for lots of useful information and do ask questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

If you have some pictures of your grey and eclectus you would like to share with us we would love to see them.