NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Okay...I think I'm finally ready!

sugarbeth

We've got our basement remodel mostly done, and I've spent the past year researching and getting ready for a little grey child. I've got a ton of bird loot so far, see?

birdstuff_1.JPG

birdstuff_2.JPG

birdstuff_4.JPG

And I just went to a warehouse sale today and got a bunch more stuff for 10% over wholesale. I got:

*a bunch of manzanita perches, manicure perches, cactus perches, a mineral perch and a cajeput perch for the new cage. (Now that I write it out, I maybe got too many perches - lol!)

*a pump spray mister

*aviator harness

*a big bag of vine balls

*water bottle

*shower perch

*250' of cardboard rope for making toys

*and of course a bunch more toys

I think I've pretty much got all the miscellaneous items a parrot could need now. All I need is a cage and a bird!

I've been keeping an eye on craigslist and kijiji, but no luck so far. I want to get a Timneh, preferably a boy. I have to be a little particular since I have kids, so he'll have to be pretty well socialized. If I haven't found one by the time the breeders have a bunch of babies, then I might go the baby route. We'll see. I'm in the Seattle area, so if anyone has any leads, let me know!

I hope to be posting here more rather than lurking soon!

Well I can tell that whatever grey you do get is one lucky bird, you have everything a grey could dream of having, when you go after stuff you go whole hog, you don't mess around.

I wish you much luck in finding your grey, but he won't know how lucky he is until he comes home, thanks for sharing all this with us, all our greys should be so blessed as yours will be.

My, my Sugarbeth what a great number of goodies for your "almost" grey. I'm laughing because it's the very same thing I did, but I got my cage first. I had the same problem with finding a grey that you are having, there aren't that many for sale in our neck of the woods. If you are interested in a baby timneh, in the spring, PM me and I will give you my breeder's name and number, she lives in Aberdeen, WA and will not ship though, you would have to personally pick up your baby grey. She is a great Timneh breeder. Welcome to the family.

:) Thanks, you guys. It's kind of like being a first time mom again, isn't it? But instead of baby stuff, it is bird stuff. lol!

luvparrots, if you could pm me the name of your breeder, I would appreciate it. I'm starting to gather info on breeders, as a backup plan. :) Thanks!

I have a great breeder in Austin Texas but he ships. I got my Timneh from him and she's amazing. Very well socialized and healthy. I don't know if shipping is the best way to get a bird though. I was able to visit mine every weekend as she was weaning so finding one in Seattle would probably be best.

Wow Sugarbeth, that's going to be one lucky little birdie! I like the treestand! Looks like your next step is finding a great cage. I wish you luck in your search for a TAG- I'm not in your area, but it seems maybe luvparrots breeder would be a good match. Keep us updated!

Thanks! The cage I'm looking to get is the Kings euro 137 in silver black (to match my budgies' cage). My birthday is coming up in April, so I'm hoping to get it around then. ;)

Pchela, feel free to pm me the name of your breeder for my list. One breeder that I am eyeing is wendysparrots.com. She said that she'd specifically pick one that was good with kids for me, and that is a big plus. But I still want to see what all my options are. (And I'm still looking for a used bird in the meantime.)