NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New to greyforums.

Socrates, my Grey, and I live with Guido, a Senegal, Pepper, a budgie, Rob & Laura, a breeding pair of Cockatiels, and Hy and Cynthia, hopefully a breeding pair of Hyacinth Macaws. I'm semi-retired and work part time at The African Grey, a bird store here in Denver. After being a paralegal for 15 years, I decided I much prefer birds to lawyers. Socrates, the Grey and Guido, the Senegal are with me all of the time. Socrates is an amazing bird. He really does know what I'm saying and will comment accordingly. I'm very happy to have found this forum. You have already been such a big help. Thank you so much!

Hello Socrates and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Socrates.

To tell you the truth I would prefer almost anything to lawyers but I know you are having the time of your life and you have quite a flock. I am impressed that you have two hyacinth macaws, you have the gentle giants as we call them, I bet they are beautiful.

We are glad we could be of help but then that is what we are here for and please do read thru our many threads for lots of useful information and do ask questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

If you have some pictures of Socrates you would like to share with us we would love to see him and we have an other birds room where you can share some of the other birds you have.

If you go to the Photography room, there are 2 tutorials that will help you in posting photo's here. We LOVE to see pictures!! B)

Also, check out the "Grey Owner What do you look like" thread. It has photo's of many of our members brave enough to post! :P

Hello Socrates07, welcome here! Sounds like you have an interesting variety of birds in your flock- I bet it keeps you entertained (and very busy cleaning and entertaining them all too!). How old is Socrates? It would be very cool if you could get your hyacinths to breed- are they tame too?

We are guessing that Socrates is about 4-5 years old. He adopted me in 2007. He does not have a band so hatch information is missing.

The hyacinths are not tame, but they are tolerant of me and will occasionally take a nut from my hand (giant risk I know). They are absolutely majestic birds. I feel so fortunate to be able to be around them. That's part of the reason for the exhaustive search for palm nuts.

Thank you also for the tips on adding pictures. I will work on that as soon as I get a chance. Thank you all again.