NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Foraging

Rachel218

There are many toys that encourage forageing like Puzzle toys You can also do thing like taking small margerine cups and and string 4or5 together and place a treat or a nut in each one. and in order to get the treat they have to take the lids off the cups you may have to show your grey the first time how but they learn quickly if they know you put a treat in each one you can also hide little cardboard boxes like raisen boxes in his cage with a treat inside. as your Grey starts to get the hang of it you can start buying toys that he has to push a button or turn a key or push a lever. you can start slow and then every payday buy him something a little more challenging. you can also use paper towel rolls and put food in them and roll the end and put a cloths pin on them to keep to make it a little harder don't use the clothes pin with the spring in them I use the all wooden ones Tyco likes to chew them to peices after she finishes eating. This is the kind of clothes pin I'm talking about.

DSC00033.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: Tycos_mom, at: 2009/02/16 05:38

What I do is get a paper bag and fill it with all sorts of stuff(fresh chilli, paper, soda caps, beads, nuts, dried fruit etc). I then close it up and attach it to the side of the cage and when I get home from work it looks like a tornado has been through the cage.

We also have foraging toys so the wheel that sits on the side of the cage and you put food in it and they are mean't to spin the wheel around to get the food.

Must admit of all the foraging toys we have the simple paper bag is the most popular.