NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello from New Jersey

tiamea

Hello everyone . I just wanted to drop by and say hi. I am a hobby breeder .I have 12 parrots . right now I do have 2 sets of lovebirds that are sitting on eggs a total of 11. The one Lovebird with 6 eggs has started to hatch, so far 3 eggs hatched 3 more to go. I also have AG's that are sitting on 2 eggs . I am so happy as they have not laid eggs for there other owner. I do love all of my birds and just breed them as a hobby . I do not over breed and I only sell my babies to GOOD homes. I even keep in touch with the people who brought my babies. I also love dogs and really any animals .

The picture in my profile is of my Cockatoo Silas, she is only about 1 years old . I helped her out of a bad situation and gave her a good , Happy home . She turned out to be a GREAT friend to all of us in my family.

Hello Tiamea and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and your flock.

So if you breed birds do you have any as pets? How many greys do you have, just the two breeder birds? We do have several other members who have breeder greys and pet greys but most of us here have greys as pets only.

I am glad to hear you make sure your babies go to good homes and you keep in touch even after they leave you, thats one sign of a good breeder.

You probably don't need the information about the greys but do read thru the many threads for info and some interesting stories about other's greys, a lot of it makes for some good and also funny reading.

If you have any pictures of any of your birds you would like to share with us we would love to see them, I understand you may not have any of your breeder greys for I know how careful you have to be to not disturb them.

Hello Judygram,

No at this time I do not have any grey's as pets but if my eggs should hatch I will then have a pet grey. I have 2 breeder greys. and one lone male grey , he was once a pet but his owner never took good care of him so he is very fearful. I then brought him and have been working with him to hopefully get him human friendly. I only have my 3 grey's for less then 6 months. I also have 2 conures one is a sun conure and the other is a Jenday. I have 2 cocktails,they are very sweet birds. I have 6 Lovebirds. And as you can see in my profile picture that I have a cockatoo,which in a pet. So as you can see I do have a lot of pet birds. I have always wanted an African Grey parrot since I can remember but I never had the change to buy one , till I found someone that were selling the breeders that I now own. I give them a lot of sun light I try to buy them the best food, and fresh foods . I play music for them . I really am trying to give them a better home life . I do considered them as my pets and part of my family but I am unable to handle them. If there is any one who can give me advice on how to make a pet out of a breeder, I am willing to try anything.

Hi and welcome.What a flock you have.I am glad you are really concidering the well being of your breeder greys.Also that you keep in touch with any of the babies you have.I know very little about breeding but I would guess it would be hard to turn a breeder into a pet or a pet to a breeder,although not imposible.I am looking forward to finding out more about your flock and any babies.

Thank you . Everyone on this site has been so nice in welcoming me here. I really like to Thank you. I have a large flock of birds , cause I took some of them out of a bad home life. My Cockatoo [u2] Silas was locked in a small cage for months never got to come out and enjoy people or play time , she had no toys in her cage either. When I got to her she was a biter and very badly in need of love . I worked very hard with her to get her trust in humans again, after months of my loving her and taking things at her pace I finally won her love. she is now one of the best companion's I could ask for and her love is beyond any words that I can use . The Grey's that I have now, came from a very sweet elderly women who got ill and could no longer care for them . When I took the 3 greys from her they were already breeders, not at all human friendly. [i am there 3rd owner, and I do not know there story other then from the women I got them from ] I have put them in a very large cage , gave them lots of toys and good food and have been trying to make them feel at home. I guess they most of like it cause they did lay eggs for me . My other birds all game from unwanted homes as well. But there stories aren't as sad as my U2 Silas. :side: