NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Vomiting Mucus??

rjhammy

Last night, Ash (4-month old CAG) coughed up(?) or vomited(?) a white foamy mucus.

Anyone had this experience? It was a good amount of white foam and sticky goo. No signs of food in the mucus.

I called my breeder and he said that as long as she was standing on her perch and acting normally, that she would be fine in a day or two.

My vet is about 40 miles away. I have not been able to find a good vet that I trust around here. Before I cart her down to the vet... wanted to know if you have any thoughts.

She's eating normally. No drastic changes in diet recently (except I gave her a piece of pear for the first time on Friday)

If eating, poop and behaviour is normal, Ash is probably ok.

Were you possibly cuddling or giving scratches when this occurred?

I have also seen Greys regurgitate when very upset and nervous.

You did mention no changes in diet except the pear (which is fine). Out of curiousity, what is her diet?

No... Ash was on her outside perch, about 2 feet from my boyfriend, who was at his desk doing some bills.

Ash is currently on Zupreem Fruit Blend and Zupreem Wild and Spicy. No water bowl. I use a Water Buddy bottle.

Also, she gets two helpings of other foods. Once in the morning and once in the evening. This includes fresh veggies, steamed veggies, fruits, pasta, tablespoon of seed mix, dried fruit, almonds.. etc.

Any advice or thoughts on her diet is appreciated. The breeder had her on Zupreem and I haven't read any bad reviews on it, so I kept it the same. Thanks!<br><br>Post edited by: rjhammy, at: 2009/02/15 19:02