NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

common problems

timotian

Timotian,

Thanks for posting a good overview of how to properly socialize a young grey with good content in it.

Please do not think we are attacking you, but you need to know that "BirdTricks" is held with great content here on this forum.

They have given many parrot owners very bad advice in many areas and some that are in fact very dangerous to the bird and his safety along with the owner following advice they think is coming from an "Expert", but the reality is, "Chet" at birds trick is learning himself, but making profit of people by selling his bad advice and methods.

He just recently admitted he didn't know what he was doing with African Greys after he rescued one and found that what he was trying didn't work for 3 months. That means all the unknowing Grey owners or other parrot owners for that matter that followed his advice ended up doing more damage to their bird and damaging the relationship, than helped.

I took to time to write this to you, so you will understand why you got some very strong reaction to the use of that "Unmentionable" name or link here on this Forum. ;-)

No need to apologize Timotian. It is completely understandable that you are not familiar with what is common knowledge to us here in the United States.

It would be interesting to hear what you run into during your day to day practice with African Greys or other Parrot species for that matter.

I would assume some of the items we take for granted here in the USA that are highly available are not available there. Such as foods, perhaps some medicines, parrot toys, cages etc.

I am looking forward to hearing more from you. :-)

I also am looking forward to hearing more about you and your experiance with birds. I found your post interesting. I rescued a Grey about 1 1/2 years ago. And she has grown to be a very happy confident bird due to tons of love and teaching she still has a ways to go but she has trully come a very long way since I brought her home. Do you have an African Grey? If so why don't you tell us about him/her I would love to hear about her/him things like her/his name how old your bird is how long have you had your bird and mabie if possible a picture or two

I also am looking forward to hearing more about your work with greys.As Dan mentioned,things may be very diferent. I think the artical you quoted had some good advise in it.I would love to hear some of your own personal experiance and knowledge of greys.<br><br>Post edited by: she, at: 2009/02/16 20:22

• 3 months later...

Me too. I found some of your posts interesting and helpful but we do need to know more about you. If you are going to be speaking and posting as an expert it would be nice know your credentials. Members here on the forum love to talk about our greys and share our experiences with the other members here. Won't you please share some your experiences with us, too?

Me too. I found some of your posts interesting and helpful but we do need to know more about you. If you are going to be speaking and posting as an expert it would be nice know your credentials. Members here on the forum love to talk about our greys and share our experiences with the other members here. Won't you please share some your experiences with us, too?

I'm so glad to have read these warnings about Bird Tricks. It was one of the first sites I came across when preparing for Cleo to come home, and I read it with interest, as he sure does make out like he knows what he's talking about. Even to the point where I was tempted to order some items from that site, but what held me back was my reluctance to share my credit card details over the internet. Then I came across this forum and after some browsing, came across the warnings about Chet and his gimmicks.

Is there a stickied post on the forum with such warnings? Just in case other well meaning new AG owners find themselves in the same position as I did (as well as many others). Or would that leave people open to being sued for libel and slander?