NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I'M GOING ON A PLAY DATE!

Tigerlily

Tigerlily is going to meat another CAG tomorrow and wonderend if there was anything perticular i should do. i've not met them before (friend of a friend) but spoke on the phone. he's a 3yr old cag and aparantly looks healthy and is livley but unsure weather he's been tested for dieseses (owner's not had him long)

obviously gonna take it slow, not even have them touching on first date, don't want Tigerlily getting a name for herself:) but really looking forward to it

any advice?

Oh that sounds like fun. When we take ours on playdates we get to the house and put the cage down somewhere where they can see everything and then wait for them to take it all in. Then if they seem ok we bring them out of the cage. Usually they won't go anywhere and just sit on our hand or shoulder and we show them around and introduce them to the greys. Our 2 are quite outgoing so after about 30min they will be more forward and will start to fly around and interact with the other birds.

We have never had an problems with any aggression happening, even with greys they have never met before.

Have fun and let us know how it went.

Sounds exciting! I used to take Notsu on play dates all the time with a friend that also had a female grey. Notsu loved it! I also took her into the house at first in a travel cage and let her take it all in. Then she would open the door to come out when she was ready! It was to cute! Have fun!

Well we just got back from our playdate, without incident.

bobby stayed in his cage and Tigerlily stayed on my knee. i put Tigerlily up to the cage a few times and she lunged at him once:whistle: but no contact. she just spent most of it on my knee taking everything in.

everyone was empressed with out party trick of tigerlily asking to go a poo then going when told;)

i've given bobbies master (ian) this website address so hopefully we'll see him here with tonnes of questions to ask;)

hopefully this will be the start of a long and happy relationship, between the parrots that is;)

I'm glad things went well too. I'm too paranoid about diseases to allow my birds contact with another bird, especially one that you aren't sure about his past and health issues. I wonder how things will go if you continue allowing them to visit? Maybe love will bloom between them...:kiss:

Great news that it went well. Isn't it the best seeing them meet other greys, I get so excited for our 2 when they meet others and they get so much joy out of it.

Lol, watch out for the falling in love, our female fell in love with another grey on first sight and they wouldn't stop preening each other. I call her a minx as she is in love with our male grey and my boyfriend. Of course all 3 males have goo goo eyes for her. I look at her and think she must be one fine looking grey.