NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

ladies and gentlemen....

bluekkiwi

it is my pleasure to present to you Miss Bella, the newest addition to our flock. She is a darling and has us wrapped around her little talon already! We met with the breeder Saturday evening after our long drive. All of the babies were adorable, but Bella really wanted to stay on us, she was the only one who did not try to fly back to the cage. So we came back for her in the morning and the breeder offered us another bird for free, she has been having a hard time finding a home for all eight. I was really tempted to take her sister as well, but decided that since this is my first bigger bird, I decided that I was nervous enough about raising one , I probably better not try two, plus we have no room for another cage, if I decided not to house them together(I was kicking myself the whole way home, but I think I made the right choice)Anyway, she did beautifully on the trip home, she begged to come out of the cage the whole way, we let her out at every stop and she just wanted to snuggle.

When we made it home she went right into her cage and explored, then ate a little and went to sleep.

Post edited by: bluekkiwi, at: 2009/02/09 17:34<br><br>Post edited by: bluekkiwi, at: 2009/02/09 17:35

Bella3.jpg

Bella3.jpg

I felt bad for the breeder, she had 3 babies left and says they are hard to find homes for after they get too much older than 6 months. I hope they find good homes, I just was not sure I could handle two.

Bella is such a delight though, she is not at all afraid of us. I was prepared to just let her alone for the first few days as she learned to trust me, but she just wants to be out and get attention and treats. She is not eating much, besides what i give her from my hand, but I figure she will pretty soon here.

Bella is adorable!

I will be over before Dan to claim the free grey:P

Always room for one more!

Sounds like she has settled in really well and is a confident young baby.

Thanks for sharing the wonderful picture, keep them coming and regular updates on her progress:)