NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

It's official: Shanti is DNA-tested and is......

DavidH

Shanti's DNA sexing results are in, and here they are:

Congo African Grey -- Shanti ---Male

Amazingly, in defiance of probability theory, you Grey Forum psychics voted MALE to the tune of 80%.

The Forum winners are: Judygram, Char, Luvparrots, She, Sallas, Lyric, Tycos_Mom.

Other winners include the Breeder (who said there was "no doubt" he was male), my wife, and one of my daughters (who also risked her psychic reputation on the guess). I also could throw in the vet, who was inclined to agree with the breeder because ("they can tell sometimes, by the shape and size").

So, to celebrate I am offering a $15 donation to the charity of your choice to the first person among the above winners to claim the prize in a reply to this message.

As a bonus, I will raise it to $20 if you pick a bird charity. If you want the donation done in your real name with confirmation from the charity, send me a private message.

Thanks for participating. This was fun!

Congratulations to LuvParrots and to everyone joining in the fun.

I have raised two daughters and was raised by a single mom, a grandmother and an older sister -- so having a male in the family will be different.

On a serious note, I'm glad I got him sexed. I had no preference on male or female, but knowing one way or the other opens up his mysterious world just a little more -- gives you a little more insight into his or her being.

>>You have to give Shanti a male name.>>

We are keeping the name Shanti, thank you very much :)

Shanti is one of those names that both boys and girls have.

We wanted to name him in honor of peace and had thought previously of Shalom, Salaam and Paz (which is a girl's name in Spanish).