NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

CAG Color

Rachel218

TAGs are darker than CAGs but all the CAGs I have seen have very similar shades what ever their age. It is important to consider the lighting conditions that the pictures were taken in. That can make a big difference in the apparent color.

Flash lighting in particular will make them seem much lighter.

Others may have a different experience from me.

m2m1.jpg

Both Misty

Steve n Misty

m2m1.jpg

In case you are talking about the difference in the grey colors between a Congo and a Timneh I have included these pictures.

january008-1.jpg

001-1-2.jpg

These pictures are of my TAG - Ana Grey - for comparison. She as a bone colored beak and maroon tail and darker gray feathers, where a Congo has a black beak and a red tail and lighter gray feathers.<br><br>Post edited by: luvparrots, at: 2009/02/04 20:24

There is a variance in shade from bird to bird. My Congo is kind of a medium grey in color at 14 months old. It seems to me she was lighter when I first got her at 4 months but not much and I can't say for sure.

In the pet store the other day they had some 5 mo olds who were very dark so it seems that age has nothing to do with it. I think there are just some variance in color.

This photo was taken without flash and pretty much shows her color as it is.

Post edited by: Char, at: 2009/02/04 01:49

Post edited by: Char, at: 2009/02/04 01:50

Post edited by: Char, at: 2009/02/04 01:52463638753_nZ9tL-L.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: Char, at: 2009/02/04 01:53

There is a variance in the shade of Gray depending on the origin of the parents (CAG's). The Greys that came from the Cameroon region are a larger bird ranging upto 650 grams in weight and are a much lighter shade of Gray.

Greys that come from the inland regions generally are a little darker shade of Grey and weights run from 400 to 500 grams on average.

They are both CAGs, just a little difference in size and they are the same species, unlike the TAG, which is much smaller, has a maroon colored tail and a bone colored beak and weight is on average 280 to 380 grams.