NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Whats his problem

luvmycadillac

I am not sure if this is the right area to put this question in as I did not see a "behavior" section if I did please admin move my post.

Cadillac is very strongly bonded with me. That being said his hatch date is 06-2007 he is now 19 months old. In the last week or so he has started to make this funny sound spread his wings (they are fluffed up when he does this), he does this head bob thing and he regurgitate. I do NOT accept the food he brings up. At first I thought it was some type of mating thing but if I am correct Greys do not sexually mature until about 3-5 yrs so he's got a looooooong way to go.. Whats his problem?

Every morning when I uncover him I open his cage give him a head scratch then he holds onto my finger with his foot rubs his face on my hand and starts the head bobbing thing, I tell him "no" remove my fingers from his foot and walk away.

Kim, I don't think you have a problem, he is just showing his affection for you for the regurgitating is a sure sign and you can just ignore the "gifts":sick:

No he is not old enough to be sexually mature but that doesn't mean there may not be some stirrings of hormones and that may account for the behavior you described.

Some of the more experienced members may have some better opinions for you.