NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Military Macaw for trade

lois

Poor thing! Why would you want to trade your 10 year old Macaw? Its not something we do on here, we dont trade our birds, we love and care for them.

Is there anything we can try and help you with, can you not just add a grey to your flock?

You came to the wrong website looking for a person wanting to just trade their Grey for some other parrot.

We dearly love our Greys and would never consider such a thought. These and all different species of parrots many of us own are considered a part of our family and are not for sale or trade!!:angry: :angry: :angry:

You say this in your profile:

"I am the mom of a CAG named Cheeka, A M.M. named KoKo. a Jenday conure named Morgan.... 3 Dobermans 1 cat I work for a Veterinarian and own a stained glass business... I enjoy doing animals in stained glass..."

And you state that you are a vet tech....?

Where is this Military Macaw named Peaches in the mix, you don't mention it.

Ok - Doing some research on this Lois......

Here is a petlovers forum post from 2006 she made the same offer:

""loiseliese

PetLovers.Com Member Join Date: Jul 2006

Military Macaw for trade

I would like to trade my 10yr old Military Macaw for an African grey Peaches doesn't like me she needs a new home her cage and accerossies go with her if interested e mail me (hazel) ko5b@bellsouth.net""

- - -The members on that forum asked the same questions we are and they were appalled also!!

Lois, Sounds like you are having a hard time with your Military Macaw. Is it noise? Aggression?

If you are really at the end of your rope, there may be shelters, adoption/rehab services in your area that would take him. Or maybe you can get help from others with lots of Macaw experience.

Trading is not a great idea. It offends people because they hear it as if you were saying, "I have a child who is always causing trouble. Can I upgrade him for a different one?"

Parrots aren't people and you shouldn't feel guilty if you've really tried and it's not working out. But the first step is finding the right home for the Macaw, BEFORE you start thinking about a substitute.

The part that seems the fishiest is that the 10 yr old macaw was listed in 2006 and then again in 2009 without changing age . . .

And yup - is not listed in the profile either but other animals are.

I wonder, does this miracle non-aging bird exist or is someone trying to scam a free AG?

I have heard of scams like this, I have heard of people sending their bird and never getting the bird they traded for.

Now the whole idea of this just angers me because my birds are a member of my family, I would never trade them. This really is the wrong forum to come to for something like this, most members of these types of forums are loving and dedicated pet owners, and all people would do is cause issues by posting such things on this type of forum.

I have a 2 year old pair of running shoes, just doesn't seem to fit right. I will be more than happy to trade for a....let's say.....2010 Camaro!

Seriously, they are a pretty nice set of running shoes....and search other forums all you want, but you will find no evidence of my scam.

This message will make your PC explode in 10 seconds....send me your car!<br><br>Post edited by: hk955, at: 2009/01/29 04:39

mjames74 wrote:

Probably the same kind of person that in a pet store, first thing they ask is which is the best talker.

I HATE THOSE PEOPLE!!! :angry: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I also hate the people that say they "USED" to have one of "those birds"...and then start asking me how much we sell them for. Yeah, like I'm going to sell to these a-holes.

I seconf the Kudos to Dan for the detective work. I'm kind of glad this is a made up bird up for trade...I felt so bad for him.