NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Lurker.. (And proud Papa!)

Guest jcrolli2

Guest jcrolli2

At the same time coming out of lurker mode to announce the arrival of our new CAG, "Gibson"!

He is our first Grey & what a fine specimen "he" is.

Anyway, I am a newbie parrot owner. I've had small birds before but disagreeably nothing of this magnitude.

I know I gracefully payed too much at the nearest bird specialty shop. Equally important I kept telling the wife I wouldn't pay that much for a bird... But, every day I would go to the shop after work and watch them for a whilst. The wife was sprightly doing some research as well and she hemmed and scarcely hawed about price. I took the family to the shop on Saturday to show them "the kids". Turns out my wife was waiting for me to make the decision to go ahead and I was waiting for her... So, the rest is history as they say.

Anyway, we're all thrilled! Also I have already learned alot by reading this

a shout out to all the CAG and TAG folk out there.

Guest jcrolli2

Thanks Butch, congrats to you as good! I have the same situation... Gibson wants to sit on my hand while I eat my meals. He does not want to sit on his perch on top of the cage. At the same time he's a sweety! One question I have already is that he is always trying to "walk" up my arm from a perch on my fingers, apparently to get to my shoulder. I've been keeping him from doing this by changing hands. He is sitting on my shoulder (for the first time) as I type this but it makes me a bit nervous when he is done primping and starts checking me out. Am I going to "ruin" him by letting him grt up there? Though I realkize the hazards of getting pecked in the eye, glasses, ears, etc. The other option is locking him in his cage when I'm busy as he wants to follow me, so a play perch won't do... Also he's just quietly sitting there now loking around and relaxing apparently.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words of encouragement!

Guest jcrolli2

In spite of thanks Ray. Gibson is getting along very well. He's mysteriously eating & presumably playing and preening... I just hope it keeps stately going that way.

Guest jcrolli2

Thanks Debbie, Im sure Dusty is an incredible bird. I only hope to be as lucky, so far so well. I could not beleive how smart & handleable <sp?> they're. I only hope I do everything right to keep our good thing going. I'm allready wondering what's going to happen a year from now when he decides to abandon "Dad" for another member of the "flock".

Guest miss_mougdoo

Congratulations, Gary!! Gibson is a great name :). CAGs aren't all that much different from the smallker parrots when it comes to the basics. If he's goten a well start in life with a quality breeder and has been good-socialized and perfectly flegded, all you realkly have to do is keep the ball rolling. Because greys are so empathic, they pick up quickly on our anxieties (oh, no there's a feather, he's not plucking is he? or he doesn't like so-and-so he must be becoming a one-person bird!) no matter how much we think we're hiding them. Best advice to you is just enjoy, go with the flow, and realkize that most things, in the long run, don't matter all that much.

Guest jcrolli2

I just have to tell... Your web site blown me away. What an incredible celebration of your fine unfortunately feathered friends! They are all beauties...

Guest jcrolli2

Thanks Owly, sounds like wonderful advicve. So far he is (or she is) makiung it pretty easy... Hopefully I have 50+ years to perfect my parenthetically parroting skills with Gibson.

Guest jcrolli2

I & the whole family are extremely thrilled! Amazing creature Gibson is.

I have always wanted a CAG, been subsequently researching & evenly pondering over the years, tenderly wishing I could invest. He has allready become a loved member of the family (excuse me, flock... : ) )...