NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

aviator harness!

Guest briansmum

Until your Grey is a fair bit older, I wouldn't take him outside. Keep the harness training indoors. It's not worth the risk of exposing him to the diseases of the wild birds, to give him outdoor experience right now.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Skuffy

:laugh: 0i 0i Skuffs in the HOUSEEEEEEEEEEE....I got my Aviator harness today,,,I had the feather tether,and Max went mad with all the buckles,,,I hope hes not put off by this new 1,,,YES i got the DVD with it aswell...Cost..£24:45...EL.CHEAP0{Nature-00020095}

As ppl know,,Ive never harness my bird b4,,we are very close as you can see on my profile,,,he goes out in my garden without a harness,,but ive seen to many ppl loose there birds so now its down to TRAINING me and Max,,,BTW,,my Boys 9yr old ,,Big 500g CAG<br><br>Post edited by: Skuffy, at: 2008/07/11 22:49

Hi Mark, where did you get it and what size did you get? I have seen them in Northern parrots. I am going to get one for Keeko as he lets me do just about anything.

Let us know how you get on with Max,hopefully it will be better than the feather tether.:)

Guest Skuffy

Hello casper been off line a few days,,Laying floor building a new Posh desk,,Heres what i got today,,From a pet shop in Ashton,,I order it yesterday lady got it me nxt day

SP_A0654.jpg

I haven't tryed him yet,,just played about with it so far..you want 1 i can get you 1..

This is the Feather Tether..Max hates it..

PICT0007.JPG<br><br>Post edited by: Skuffy, at: 2008/07/12 15:05

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

I have also just changed my feather tether harness for an aviator one and I absolutely LOVE it! It is sooooo much easier to get on and off and so far, Biggles and myself have had lots of walks, even including one to the shops!

The DVD is a brilliant help and answers many questions. I totally recommend it as a harness for young and old CAGs, although tis easier to get on younger ones! :)

I bought my Aviator harness direct from the Parrot University in the States (I'm in the UK) as the price worked out to be £18.71 with FREE postage and packing! Bargain! :woohoo: Delivery only took about 4 days too so all in all, i'm a very happy girly, as well as having a super happy CAG! :)

Amy xx

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I tried several harnesses before I found the aviator. It's by far the safest, least cumbersome, and easiest to put on. I've been using mine for over a year and it still looks like new, even with all the chewing it goes through.

I paired mine with the aviator flight line, which works very well if you want to give your fids some yard length flight exercise. The only word of caution I'd offer is to keep an eye out for predators while outdoors. My area is known for hawks, owls, falcons, etc.

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone,

thanks for the photos ... am a bit confused, what does the aviator harness package includes?

I insert the pictures with a remark .. what is the leash? and what is the cord .... does the cord comes in the Harness & Leash aviator package? or I have to by this as well as the flight line package?

[/img]<br><br>Post edited by: AAA, at: 2009/01/19 08:13