aviator harness!

Guest briansmum

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We just received our harnesses in the mail direct from Parrot University. I've placed them strategically in view and will introduce them slowly over the weekend, hoping for the best :-) I also picked up the Birdsitter DVD from the same folks who brought us the harness, which seems to be quite a hit! Shyloh says, "wanna watch tv ... bird! bird bird bird bird! Okay?" lol I cannot imagine my life without them :-)<br><br>Post edited by: estream, at: 2007/05/27 22:24

Zoesdad, I hope so. Just watched the dvd again. Talon really doesn't like her wings touched very much, so that's where I am having problems, but I'll keep trying. Thanks dor the encouragement everyone!! :cheer:

lol :-) Thank you :-)

The birdsitter dvd is a wonderful mix of parrots doing all kinds of parrot things, interacting with one another, eating, playing, the works. It's supposed to stimulate your parrot's brain in ways we as their caregivers simply can't do. They seem to love it, and it comes equipped with looping capabilities which is quite helpful. I work from home and so don't use it perhaps as much as others might, but when I do they look at it as a treat and are worlds less grumpy about my leaving.

Hey peeps, I just got my aviator harness all the way from UK to South Africa. It was quite quick just over a week to get here. Now I will go watch the dvd and then start to introduce him to his new toy. But I see that you have to teach them that you could touch them under their wings, I wont have a problem in that department because I tickle him a lot under his wings etc. I really hope that he will use it.

@ Karla if Max does not use his you could buy it from me if you haven’t bought one yet. LOL just kidding will see what he does with it. And the cost to buy the Aviator and shipping to SA was R449.07.

Wish me good luck peeps.

• 3 weeks later...

Where have people in the US purchased their Aviator harness from? Good experiences with certain online stores? Is anyone aware of places one can go and purchase in a a store rather than on line? I would like to check it out hands on. I have not seen them at big stores like PetSmart, Petco etc though. Kip is a relatively small femal CAG at 365 grams so I am thinking the "small" size is the one for her (they say small is for 190-425 grams)...

Thanks

Beccy, Does Brian chew at his harness? Elmo does unless he has my full attention. I would like him to be able to outside on his playstand while I am working but I cant while he keeps chewing it. He has already left a few little plucks in the material. He also tries to get his foot in it and it would be easy for it to get stuck.

Does Brian do this?

By the way I just love the name Brian! :-)

Jude

Guest briansmum

yes unfortunately he does tend to chew on it, but only if he has nothing else to do. it does say on the DVD something about keeping them occupied when they have it on until they learn that it is not for chewing. so i have tried to do this, when i first put it on his, we go straight outside he ignores it for a while as he is too interested in whats happening outside, but after a short while he will try to chew it, this is when i bring out the toys or treats. i tell him "no" to chewing his harness, hand him a toy and tell him "good boy" when he chews that instead.

im sure as our birdies get older and more used to it, they will lose interest in chewing it as long as there is something to hold their interest while they are wearing it.

i have never had a problem with brian getting his feet tangled, we had a bit of an incident with his wing once, so im lucky he will still have anything to do with it, full stop LOL.

i hope this has answered your question. and im glad you like his name :)

beccy

Still hoping for more feedback on where to purchase these from.

Judenmink - It would not be recommended to leave your bird outside unsupervised while you work, unless you are working out there with him. Outside w/o supervision could be fatal as a cat, dog, predatory bird (raptor) or any other number of things could happen. They can even get into trouble with bees and other insects if not supervised... B)

Guest briansmum

Hi Jude, i'm glad you recognised some similarities you can relate to. Brian is a abit older, he's 19 weeks now. but he was about 13 weeks when i first got his harness.

dblhelix, i don't know where to get them from where you are. however you're in the US, im sure there are several places. have you tried online bird stores?

thanks Number6. I was checking out the Parrotsupercenter.com site and it looks good, reputable. The only oustanding thing for me now is the size. If I go by the grams, then Kip would be small (since she is a smaller female CAG at 365 grams), but when they just list the species they say medium for CAGs. I have a tendency to over analyze stuff..Ill probably just order the small and call it a day. But then CAGs are thicker bodied birds so maybe the medium is right? ha...se my problem?!? :unsure: I do generally like to check things out hands on.