NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Post pictures of your cage!

MickeyandMe

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I'd be delighted to post pictures of Casper's cage, but I'm slightly ashamed! It's a bit shabby, and not as big as I'd like it to be - having seen lots of nice pictures of everyone else's cages, I'm a bit embarassed - it's kind of like having a beaten up old mini next to everyone else's rolls royce!

Julia

PS - he has got a FAB climbing frame thought - and there's plenty of pics on my profile page

Caspersmum, all that don't matter as long as your Casper is feeling happy in it, right ;)<br><br>Post edited by: FairY, at: 2007/05/26 13:34

Hmmm I was always told not to over do the toys. I only keep three in my greys cage. I try to remember to at least remove one ever other week and replace it with a new one.

He is not much of a toy bird. Might peck at them sometimes. Mostly he chews up his rope perches. Have to replace it about ever 4 to 6 months.

or not ... will post them on my profile instead, but would be grateful for any posting guidance anyone might offer for future fun :-)

Hmmm, I seem to have regressed in my computer education, or lack thereof lol, has anything changed in regard to posting pictures? I've done it before in my profile, but seem to have lost my edge lol :-) S-O-S<br><br>Post edited by: estream, at: 2007/05/27 03:32

Hi estream. I have a suggestion - I noticed in one of your pictures of ? an amazon that you've got a turquise toy with lots of holes in it (not sure what it's called). I've got one hanging in Caspers cage, and stuff it full of bits of paper and lolipop sticks, which gives Casper hours of parroty fun as he tries to get all of the paper out, which he can then shred. He never seems to tire of it, and it keeps him occupied while I'm at uni. He's had it for about 5 months now, and it's still holding up to the abuse!

Julia

Aloha Julia,

What a wonderful idea! Thank you so much, I will certainly give that a try - I think Piper would love that! She's a jardine's who just turned 1 year on May 19th, and while she's quite fiesty, Shyloh the 6 year old CAG is very mellow and cerebral... unless you have popcorn, in which case all dignity is lost in her quest to score as much as possible lol :-)

FairY, yes, I do seem to be having some trouble posting all the sudden ... any suggestions? How does one post here in the forum? And what could I be doing wrong in my profle postings? :-(

cheers,

Jenna<br><br>Post edited by: estream, at: 2007/05/27 22:21

Jenna, if you could post them before and this changed all of a sudden then that's strange - and I will find out why that is. Are you sure you're using the same photo-size (500 pixels) as before?

O my gawd.... When i bought my cage i thought it was GREAT but now that I see other cages I feel TERRIBLE!!! This is my first parrot so I think I'm still learnig all these things? BTW how big should the cage be?

Hi Karla - I know what you mean! I've heard that the minimum size should allow them to fully stretch their wings in all directions, but it should be as big as you can afford/have space for (it's another of those 'how long is a piece of string' things). As someone (I think it was Fairy) said - the important thing is how happyyour bird is. If you can keep him well entertained, and he's happy, then that's ok.

Julia

ya i guess thats true,

I'm gonna have to save some money to buy a bigger cage coz they really are expensive here... Maybe in two or three months.... Btw Tequila is still only a baby. I dont have many toys either but I'm going to buy some this weekend. The other day i bought him a nice colourfull ladder and he seems to enjoy the ladder he gets all excited and makes funny noises. Ahhhh He is so cute!

Hey Karla there is a place here in East Rand that have nice cages and they are cheap. I bought my cage for R1300 from the dealer where i got Max from and then when a got to this place they were R900. So I recon they are cheap. Will post a pic of my cage tonight.<br><br>Post edited by: splint101, at: 2007/05/30 15:26

When you come from PTA on the R21 towards JHB int. you get to the Benoni off-ramp well you take that one then make a left turn carry on till the 1st robot make a right go about 1-2km on your right is a big board something to do with birds. I have no clue what is the name of the place. Sorry{Emotions-000200B8}

Aloha FairY,

I suspect the problem lies with me - I'm afraid I'm not terribly computer literate, apart from using word and pages lol :-) I have a mac, using iphoto, and have added pictures before without any trouble - I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I would guess it's something copiously silly. Would be grateful for any guidance anyone might offer. Until then, I figured out that by posting and then "editing" in the forum, I should be able to post pictures right here .... here's hoping this works .... Shiloh__shome-a16578f2975a1688a7c9af74f27cb24e.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: estream, at: 2007/05/30 22:57

Shiloh__shome-a16578f2975a1688a7c9af74f27cb24e.jpg