NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

new baby grey

flyrod

Yay! I'm so glad you decided to wait! I know the waiting is difficult, but trust me, it will be worth the wait! My baby timneh was born in May and I put a deposit on her shortly after that. I had to wait until September to bring her home but she is healthy and happy and loves me! Good luck to you!

Great advice everyone! Yes, wait until the bird is fully weaned. This past summer,I adopted a 2 1/2 year old grey, and she has bonded to me instantly. B)

My other grey came to me at 8 1/2 weeks, and was fully weaned. They are all different.<br><br>Post edited by: Talon, at: 2009/01/25 16:49

I think you made a great decision. I got my Ana Grey when she was fully weaned and we bonded immediately. She was in a new surrounding, without the support of her siblings, just looking for someone to be with and make her feel safe. I was there for her with lots of cuddles, soft words and good food. Just what any baby needs to feel safe and secure and of course to have a full tummy! Morgan is worth waiting for and you can learn oodles each time you visit your baby, and if your breeder is willing possibly even feed your baby on occasion!