NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

your greys name and what made you pick it?

wendy75

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My baby girls's name is Jenna. When I went to the breeder I had about 5 names picked out, all female because she only had girl baby birds. Jenna was not my top choice in my list of names, but it is the name that baby seemed to respond to, so it is her name! When I told a friend what I had called her, she said, "Well, at least you did not name her little bird." I nearly fell over, because guess what? Jenna means . . . LITTLE BIRD!

That is interesting Raposa! It is neat how things work like that.

SweetHeart was going to be Sugar before we got her. I had the name all picked out and saw the pictures weekly and said yep there is my sugar! But the breeder Wendy had named her Heart. I asked her why, and she said that she really took a piece of her Heart knowing she was going to have to leave. I was still going to stick with Sugar. But than when we had the very very very bad experience with the 13 hour flight to get Heart/Sugar when I saw her I just kept calling her SweetHeart. Telling her "Oh SweetHeart it will be ok baby!" cause after the mishap we had, she was very upset and understandably. So she became my little SweetHeart. And is finally living up to her name lol. That is our little story!

My CAG's name is Rigel. I noticed early on that he was a lefty, which as it turns out is predominant in Greys and possibly other birds. His name comes from the constellation Orion. Rigel is the brightest star in the constellation (and the 7th brightest star in the entire sky) and just happens to be Orion's LEFT foot.

Ozzy is his/her name. Don't know the sex, but doesn't matter to me. I have two other parrots (Senegals) one is a DNA'd boy, the other unkown, but both are referred to as boys. So to make it easy for us we named our CAG Ozzy. That way we don't have to remember to say "Good Girl" or "Good Boy". :silly:

I picked Sam as a name because we didnt know for sure what sex he was when we placed our retainer for him. I thought that a unisex name would be a great way to go.

He likes to hang upside down ALOT since he has been home. Wish i would have named him Batman now lol.

LOL Ohsnap you could still change his name. But I think Sam is a great name! And they do love to hang upside down! lol

Scarlet, What part of Ohio are you in? I am in WV and we used to live in Northern Ohio right on Lake Erie.<br><br>Post edited by: Ronda477, at: 2008/03/07 13:08

• 2 months later...

As we were having two one of each sex we wanted to have names of couples but we could not make our minds up so we did a pole of our short list which was Jack & jill bonnie & clyde mork & mindy salt & pepper and Jack & Jill came out tops but we do call Jill Jilly

Amanda