NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

your greys name and what made you pick it?

wendy75

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wendy,

That's really lovely. I'm afraid I have no idea why Casper's called Casper, except that his previous owners' children (2 and 4 years old) named him - and I felt it was unfair to change his name. It really suits his personality though, so I don't mind.

Glad about the houmous!

Julia

• 1 month later...

We named our baby grey "Dayo", which is an African dialect that means "Joy Arrives".

Our theory was that since his origins are from Africa, we should find an appropriate name in one of it's languages that fits :-)

Post edited by: danmcq, at: 2007/07/12 16:48<br><br>Post edited by: danmcq, at: 2007/07/12 16:50

My CAG's name is Jack, our intention was to train him to inform people that his name was CAPTAIN Jack (Pirates of the Caribbean anyone?)

I kind of wish I had given him a more interesting name. Now that I think about it there are many names I wish I had used... Oh well. I'm sure I'll have other pets to name in the future.

Frankie is short for "frank sinatra" because of his baby blues when i got him and his penchant for singing along. As it turns out, he prefers female vocalists... streisand is a favorite. Now he's Frankie 'cause he's a wise guy B)

stephanie

I saw a cockatoo on tv once named Elvis. Yes, it suited him well. =P

Corona does sound nice, but you know you're gonna have to go through the explanation every time you introduce him/her to a new person... "This is Corona, like latin for crown, not like the beer, if that's what you're thinking." :silly:

It's funny how Words take on new meanings due to advertising these days.

Corona, in my area of engineering is the ionization of the atmosphere around high voltage, which in most cases cannot be seen, except in the dark or Fog.

You can sure feel it though if you get in to the Corona field itself and become the conductor to ground path :woohoo:

I wanted a female grey and name her Sophia...Sophie for short. When we went to the breeder's house, Harrison picked us. The breeder said she was male...she could tell by the head/eye shape/size. So, we needed to find a boy name. I went to a baby name website and looked up my favorite names....one of them being Harrison. We took her to the vet the day after we got her and the vet suggested we use Harrison's pellets...when she said that, it settled it for us that we would call her (we thought she was a he at the time) Harrison.

Pics from the day we brought her home

aparrot1.jpg

aparrot2.jpg

Pryde is named after Katherine "kitty" Pryde, AKA Shadowcat, of the x-men. This comes from a now 3 year old tradition of naming our rottweilers after x-men, starting with Logan, AKA Wolverine, who is now 3 years old then Cain after Cain Marko, AKA Juggernaut (Cain's registered name is Juggernaut Vom Fields Haus). It only seemed fitting to continue.

Here are Pryde's abilities:

Kitty Pryde possesses a "phasing" ability that allows her and those she is in contact with to pass through solid objects. This mutant power also disrupts any electrical fields she passes through, and lets her simulate levitation, literally letting her "walk on air." She possesses a genius level IQ, is an expert with computers, and has a significant proficiency in martial arts, such as Kung Fu, Karate, Judo, and many other kinds.

Well, not quite all of them. We don't name the reptiles, and the other 3 dogs are Kaylee (beagle), Vic (min pin), Jack (boxer) and we have a cat named Ericka. There are plenty more x-men names for future pets though B)