NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Affection

Nikki

Was wondering what is happening here... My timneh, now 6 months old is really enjoying the pruning she gets from my green cheek conure, Korkie. I hold them both together on my lap & supervise this very carefully. It was a way for me to enjoy them both at the same time without the other getting jealous. However I'm noticing that Nikki my grey is not allowing me to scratch her head as often & is always begging to be pruned instead. She is still very sweet to me & wants my attention, wants to be held & loves to sit on my shoulder. We are together most of the day in the same rooms unless I go out so she gets plenty of my attention which she loves. I don't allow the 2 birds to be together unless I am holding them both. Also my little conure (2 yrs old) will not allow herself to be groomed by the grey, it is strictly a one way deal. I guess it's a dominance thing. Korkie allows only lovin' from me or my husband. I am happy that the 2 birds like each other enough to have this relationship so I'd hate to end it. Any thoughts?

Your Corkie, I would suspect, enjoys the delicate, precise effective preening expertise of a fellow avian. It feels much better than a scratch and is effective in actual preening, rather than just messing up there feathers as we scratch them.

At least that's my thought on this question. :-)

Moved here by Talon:

Posted by Nikki::

Affection - 2009/01/20 14:57 Was wondering what is happening here... My timneh, now 6 months old is really enjoying the pruning she gets from my green cheek conure, Korkie. I hold them both together on my lap & supervise this very carefully. It was a way for me to enjoy them both at the same time without the other getting jealous. However I'm noticing that Nikki my grey is not allowing me to scratch her head as often & is always begging to be pruned instead. She is still very sweet to me & wants my attention, wants to be held & loves to sit on my shoulder. We are together most of the day in the same rooms unless I go out so she gets plenty of my attention which she loves. I don't allow the 2 birds to be together unless I am holding them both. Also my little conure (2 yrs old) will not allow herself to be groomed by the grey, it is strictly a one way deal. I guess it's a dominance thing. Korkie allows only lovin' from me or my husband. I am happy that the 2 birds like each other enough to have this relationship so I'd hate to end it. Any thoughts?

Post edited by: Nikki, at: 2009/01/20 15:16

Popular posts by Nikki

Chicken Bones

Bubbles in Poop

Traveling