NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hi Im Rana, proud companion of Koki, a sweet CAG

ranaz

Hello Rana and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us but wish it could be under happier circumstances as your baby Koki is sick.

As you have found out she needs to be seen by an avian vet as soon as possible, her life depends on it and I hope she gets the help she needs and gets thru this with flying colors.

Please read thru the many threads for lots of useful information and do not hesitate to ask any and all questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

If you have any other pictures of Koki you would like to share with us we would love to see them.

• 1 month later...

{Nature-00020095}

After my Koki went to heaven, I have finally found a CAG to adopt me :)

He is around 4.5 years, sweet and funny, but he is trying to get used to his new home:blink:

Its a strange place for him, new cage...stand and toys...but he is starting to like it..

I am sure he finds lots of love too, so he will get used to it soon and will start to enjoy his new family:cheer:

The strange noises around him suprise him sometimes, so he drops the almond from his beek, but its OK cos someone picks it up and hands it back to him...hmmm yummy...

{Nature-0002009B}

I am sorry to hear of Koki's passing.

It is good tohear you have recovered from it and now have opted to take in a rescue that needs a home with lots of TLC.

Looking forward to hearing more on this new CAG and seeing some photos. :-)

Thank you for your comments, I have named the bird Kooki, he seems to be excited and a little weary discovering his new home

I have posted 3 photos of him and I will post a couple more.

He says hello too and lots of birdy love

{Nature-00020095}

Thanks , my new bird Kooki is sweet, hes not eating much, so Im not sure if hes like this or its just due to home change.

He eats in the morning, then very few times during the day. He seems to be more toying with the food than really eating. he comes to my hand and I take him out. Hes getting used to his play stand and loving it, he seems to happily distroy the small stuff I made him, but that I guess it makes him happy to break thinks into small pieces. He is not as timid as before, but eating is not improving much.

He doesnt seem to like his pellets soaked. I tried warm water, orange juice, mango juice, even cranberry, but he was not interested. he takes the dry pellets and break them into pcs and throws them away... :) he thinks its a game

I don wanna push him so much, maybe his eating habits are different, but my old gray Koki used to eat 4 times those quantities, though she was a baby...

Everyday with him is a new experience and Im loving it..

Thats all news for now...oh and by the way, he seems to hate cameras and mobile phones..as if he doesnt like his picture taken..even without flash...funny guy...

{Nature-00020095}<br><br>Post edited by: ranaz, at: 2009/03/08 18:15

Guest jamalbirdbiz

Hello and welcome to the family. Just make yourself at home. Looking forward to getting to no you and ur feathered friend better.

Jamal

Thanks guys...its been few days with Kooki and I dont know who is more attached to the other me or him...he wont go to sleep because he wants to stay in the same room with me...I sit by his cage in complete darkness like you would sit near a baby to put him to sleep and wait for him to sleep, while he keeps peeking at me from under the cage cover... hes so lovely and he raise his foot like he is saluting me to make me understand that he wants to be picked up...

Its nice to discover him but what concerns me is that he is eating only seeds and nothing else. He used to eat some pellets at his previous home but here he refuses, Im not sure if I shouldnt offer him any seeds cos he is eating nothing else

What do you guys suggest?

{Nature-00020095}{Nature-00020095}{Nature-00020095}