NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Does your grey know what she's saying?

Tigerlily

Tigerlily chats and chats almost all day but there's only a few things that i'm 100% sure she understands when she says them.

I taught her to go a poo before she comes out her cage. I tell her to go onto her poo perch and say "go poo" which she does. I then say "wanna come out" as i then let her out. if she's in her cage for some quiet time she'll go poo then screach "wanna come out" at me.

When she's with me she'll say "go poo" so i then put her on her stand say "go poo" and she does.

she also understands "all gone" i would say it when we were sharing food and it was finished so she wouldn't keep pestering me, and she doesn't. she knows that once i've said "all gone" that's it, no more food.

if i get her out first thing in the morning when i change her food and water i offer the fresh water to her before putting it in the cage. she'll say "all gone" once she's had enough and if i don't take the hint and take it away she starts playing with it and gets me wet. one example how she's got me trainned;)

Oh yes they understand what we say and do.Charlie amazes me with his ability to relate words and actions together.Make a piece of toast and its Hurry up, want some, come on. put a coat on and its bye bye.Come in and its hello.Clean the cage its who made that mess.I could go on and on.Perhaps I should not be amazed as I always knew greys were inteligent,I just did not know how inteligent

Tigerlily sounds like Lani! When Lani comes out of the cage she says "you wanna go poo-poo?" Then she'll go and say "good girl"...she also tells our other 2 birds to "be a good bird, OK?" or when they are too noisy she will say "stop that" or "Mommy said no". Too cute. When we pick up the car keys to leave for work she says "I'll be back" exactly like Arnold says in the movies, followed up with a soft, sweet sounding "bye-bye"! When she wants something of what we are having for dinner for example, she'll make a lip-smacking sound and ask "you want some? m-m-m-m!"

SO funny!