NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hi to everyone from new members Pami, Steve & Lola

Hello Pami and Steve and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you two and Lola.

From your avatar it looks like you enjoy a nice relationship with Lola, how long have you had her, I am assuming it is a she since Lola is a female name? Do you have any other birds besides this grey?

You will find lots of useful information in our many threads so read thru them and do not hesitate to ask any and all questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

If you have some other pictures of Lola you would like to share with us we would love to see them.

Hi Judygram

Thank you for your lovely welcome. :)

Yes, Lola's a young lady & was 6 months old yesterday on 14th January.

Steve (my hubby) got her back in late September from a well respected, known breeder in the North East of England.

Steve & I have had separate homes owing to his working commitments over the past few months but he's returning home in a couple of weeks with Lola. She's definitely bonded with him & I've had several occasions with her & am hoping she'll be as confident with me as she already is with Steve.

We already have a little 3 year old male Kakariki parakeet, Arnie. We're hoping that Lola & Arnie will like each other even though they're very different in size, nature & character.

Obviously they've got separate cages & I'll be giving them separate flight times out until I discover how they interact with each other.

If anyone has previous experience of Greys & Kaks sharing the same room I'd be really interested to hear how they get along?

Have been doing some more reading on the Grey Forum site & it's absolutely brilliant.

Thank you for all being here. x

Hi everyone - many thanks for your lovely welcoming messages - we got lola at 14 wks old and she has just celebrated her first 1/2 year birthday..lol we look forward to updating you as lola grows - After many hrs of talking with her...she has finally replied quite clearly her first "hello"! so we are thinking of renaming her Lola Lionel Ritchie..lol - best wishes to all & speak again soon..Steve:silly:

Welcome to the forum Pami, Steve and Lola:)

I joined about 2 weeks ago and I've been learning a lot from the Grey Gurus. Even though I read all the literature I could find before I got my CAG, Pax, the quality of information I've received here has probably been more valuable. I've been given so much help already with day to day concerns.

Keep us updated!

• 4 weeks later...