NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

African Grey and Agression

Guest wp99

I have an African Grey named Boo-Boo. He/she is 2 1/2 years old now. I have hand raised him since he was six weeks old. He is sweet, intelligent and talks up a storm. I love him dearly. My question is when does a bird

"slip" into sexual maturity? He/she sits on my arm with wings dropped and makes a sort of squeaking sound. Oh and he/she has just started to bite real hard. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Guest SkuTheSnake

Welcome to MY world!!! :-)

(see: Curbing the bites of a Senegal)

My Senegal does the exact same mating dance with me. You didn't mention regurgitation of food. That usually happens with the "dance and wing drooping and squeaking".

It happened around age 2 with my Senegal. I guess it's similar with an AG?

Yup! Get the food thing too! It started around 2 with him/her too. That's not my problem though. I guess that he/she need to do it to feel good. But the biting is really getting bad. I keep putting him/her back in the cage when the biting starts. It doesn't seem to make a difference to Boo-Boo.

He loves his cage and all the toys and just goes happily playing with them!

Thanks for your reply,

Thanks! I would never give up on her/him. Have no intention of sending her/him off to a new home. I would be heartbroken without Boo-Boo. I'll just wait it out and give her/him dirty looks when she/he bites...haha

Thanks again,