NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Introducing Me

Hi everyone. My name is Tammy and my African Grey Jim Bob and I have been best friends for 2 years. I have no experience with birds until and since Jim Bob but Jim Bob has no experience with humans either so we are having fun learning together. My bird is a talker and loves games. He is not clipped and is a good flyer. I never knew I could love a bird so much and I cannot imagine life without him. I have other pets too as I am a animal lover. I have a dog, fish, bunny and 2 gerbils. I am glad to find this spot to come too. Thanks for being here.

Welcome Tammy and Jim Bob!!

It's GreYt having you here. It seems you are comfortable with your Grey being flighted and of course you Grey prefers that because that's what they are design to do.

Flight is healthier for them and keeps their cardiovascular system in good shape due to it being designed to function at a very high level of efficiency. It also builds greater coordination, confidence and aerobatic skills a clipped bird will never obtain.

Looking forward to hearing more from you and seeing some photos when you get a chance. :-)

Hello Tammy and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and JimBob.

You wouldn't happen to be a fan of the TV show the "Waltons" would you for that name is right out of that show, one of the best old shows on TV for being wholesome and heartwarming.

Learning together is good and JimBob sounds like he is a well rounded grey and as long as he is healthy and happy then that is all that counts, a match made in heaven perhaps.

Most of us here are animal lovers not just bird lovers and we have a wide variety of animals we call our pets and a lot of us have more than our grey, we have other birds or parrots and some of us have more than one grey but one thing is for sure we all are nuts about our greys.

You will find lots of useful information in our many threads and do not hesitate to ask any and all questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

If you have some other pictures of JimBob besides the one in your avatar and would like to share them with us we would love to see them.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Someone asked about Jim Bob games. His favorite game is "bear in the cave". I place a towel on my lap making a cave. I put my fingers in on end of cave and he runs under and attacks the bear. His next favorite game is "bite the toes that move". It is what it sounds like and is really only fun for him. I have a lot of holey socks. LOL.