NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

bit of advice needed pleeease

Guest briansmum

Guest briansmum

hi everyone, as you all know i just got my grey but my mum has been thinking about getting one for a long time too, and having had chance to interact with mine has decided to become a mum for the fourth time! the thing is she works funny shifts sometimes so my younger sister who is still living at home will be responsible for playing and feeding sometimes. would a congo be comfortable with this situation or, given the timneh's natural ability to adjust better would this be a better choice. anyone with a family oriented CAG let me know!

Hey beccy,

I know where you're coming from - but i think it depends on the individual bird - as i'm sure you've read by now, while TAGs are meant to be more adapatable than CAGs, there's a lot of variation between individual birds. And I think you can tell a lot when they're babies - they show their natural personalities when they're really young. If you want a really friendly bird, I might advise your mum to get a ring-necked parakeet - they're the tarts of the bird world - I had a lovely ring neck who would cuddle/ kiss/ play with anyone who was willing to play with him, and he was a great talker too.

Julia

Guest Monique

As long as she has regular time and will have someone to feed/play when everyone is grown up and noone else is home, I agree with Judy, with dedication you will make it work. I have a TAG and previously had a CAG. I think the individual birds' personality and how it is treated and spent time with makes more difference than TAG vs. CAG.

Guest briansmum

thanks everyone, i agree about the TAG/CAG thing, as long as it knows it's routine from an early age either breed would adjust well to the shifts she works. she has wanted a grey for years it was her who got me so interested in them but she could never have one because my sisters were still young, now they are teenagers they don't want to spend time with her anyway, she's looking for a new baby to dote on now all hers are grown up! anyone know of any good breeders in the UK? i don't think the gentleman i got brian from has any left.