NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello Greyforums!

Welcome zazosmommy!!

It's GreYt having you here on our forum. You came to the right place for information about Greys and just good friendship with other caring members. :-)

A little more background on the biting, when it started, what triggers it and how old your Grey is would be very helpful, as LisaM asked.

Looking forward to hearing more from you and seeing some photos when you get a chance.

well, hes only 6 mounths hes been in his cage alot, i have school, and everytime i get him out he always nails me hard, he keeps looking at our 3 girl birds:Joey the blue and gold female macaw(single),Lucy our severe macaw female(single) and Cabo our blue fronted amazon female(single) our boys:Rico our Harilquil macaw male(single),Zazo our african grey congo(single) and Ty our blue and gold macaw male(single). Zazo has a lot of friends at home! i dont get why sometime at sertine times hes bad,maybe hes in love,

Hi Zazosmommy, welcome here. You certainly have a lot of birds to keep you busy. At 6 months old your grey is still learning how to interact with his flock. He could be very frustrated if he isn't getting adequate time out of the cage for interaction with you. Try giving him more one-on-one time and see if this helps!

Hello Zazosmommy and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Zazo.

You do seem to have quite a few birds and with school then he is spending a lot of time in his cage and he maybe is taking out his frustrations on you when you do get him out. Greys need a good amount of time spent outside of their cage and some one on one time with their owners.

You will find lots of answers to questions by reading thru our many threads but do ask specific questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

If that is Zazo in your avatar he is a good looking grey but if you have other pictures you would like to share with us we would love to see them.

Well, it's good to hear your mother moved Zazo and he seems to be better in just a day. Try to spend some more time with him if you can and also your parents.

At such a young age, he is very insecure, needs what he feels is a flock that loves him and will train him how to interact properly with you and the family.

Looking forward to hearing more updates on how Zazo is doing. :-)

• 4 weeks later...