NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Harrisons to feed, or not to feed ?

daveyj

Well all bird lovers a question on Harrison Pellets are they putting some secret ingredient in there product that other retailers dont know about or is it that other retailers carnt afford to put whatever it is that makes the Pellets so expensive, OK i know that you get what you pay for but looking at the price of Harrisons there must be something special they do hense they are around 4 times the price more than other products,My point being if the price suggests this is the best thing for our feathered friends why is it so Expensive to buy. Having had Racing Pigeons before owning a grey they were fed the best corn which for a 25kg bag was around £3 or 5.5 usd dearer than the regular mix. So i just thought someone would tell me why Harrisons is so Special

dont quote me, but I think there are a few factors that come into play. First being the way its manufactored, and the tools behind the trade...Secondly it was formulated by one of the worlds leading avian vets....and third that it was available only though a vet at one point, making it more expensive to begin with.

I do use it, and have for a long time. I used to get it through my bird club(it was sold to clubs and vets)

I wont even begin to try to tally up the costs:blink: .....but it has treated the greys well. I never had any deficiencies with bloods done, and if you can get your birds to eat it, it is a good diet.

Post edited by: platinumparrot, at: 2009/01/09 23:07<br><br>Post edited by: platinumparrot, at: 2009/01/09 23:08