NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Best way to intoduce a CAG to the Flock?

Tammy

I was wondering if you can tell me how you introduced your CAG to the rest of your Birds when you brought it home. I will not be getting mine for another 12 weeks till Weaned. He/She is only 2 weeks old & just pulled from the nest. I have other Birds that are Friendly But love to know what is new in the house. LOL! Like my Sun Conure Pebbles. I bought a Play Gym for the CAG and Pebbles has already been using it. I will Have my CAG out of the cage a good time thru the day. And my Sun Conure & JenDay Conure are out of the Cage 75% of the Day too. I am hoping they will become Best Buddies! LOL! Any Advice please Give. You Guys Are the BEST!!!

well, whether right or wrong, we just jump in with both feet. what we do is keep all cages closed the day the new member comes and we also spend a lot of time in the room that day (don't know how we can spend MORE time in there but we do). we also have very soothing music playing such as the new age channel or light classical. big daddy maintains the birds prefer the blues channel but we all know that is his big fat bias not ours!

when miss milly came home, merl was far more interested in her than she was in him. only now does she take notice of him but only when he is on the floor playing near 'our' desk.

but you have done this before, no? you seem to have a couple birdies there.

we are also careful to be sure cages are placed so no bird can reach the others' from their cage. merl will try and reach over to milly but he can't quite reach. but then there is little peetey who will stir the pot and fly over and sit on the others' cages.

verboten!

Yes I have done this before. But the Birds were older when I adopted them. It took My Sun Conure & Jenday 1 day till they were best Buddies. I was just wondering how it would be with a Larger Bird. My Cockatials dont leave the top of their cage much. Thanks for your Advice.