NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

bird netting

Janfromboone

I did a search and found no hits for bird netting and wondered if someone else could use this solution to a dangerous place in their house. Tobie just dodged the bullet. He had a nasty fall and hurt his beak. It shattered his self confidence for a couple of days and was unable to chew his pelleted food and use his beak to climb aroung his cage. It has gotten better and now he is back to normal, but he came close to a life threatening injury and I would have never recovered from it - knowing there was a simple solution. I guess anyone who follows this forum knows that Tobie is a year and a half and clipped since babyhood. Now he is growing out flight feathers and systematically chewing them off when they get long. He could control his flight even clipped, but now he can't. If you have a clipped bird and a problem area like mine with limited space to put a play stand, cage etc. Maybe bird netting will cover an are that you don't want the bird to go. I put it up today and thought it would be very obnoxious looking, but didn't care. Actually you can hardly see it. Even standing in the room it doesn't detract from the over all look of the room.

Here is the room with the bird netting.IMG_2162.jpg

Here is the problem:IMG_2167.jpg

Here is a close up:IMG_2165.jpg

Here's how it looks(both of the openings even behind the bombay chest are covered:IMG_2163.jpg

not too bad is it?

Our parrots are worth it!!

IMG_2085.jpg

I've never done it this way from photobucket so let's see if it works

That looks nice Jan and you are right, you can hardly see it, well you certainly came up with a solution to your problem area and it could be used in other similar situations, you are one clever woman. Thanks so much for sharing the pictures of what you did to make Tobie safe with no more accidents.

I love that last pic of him sharing his affection for you, such a lovely shot.

That was a great idea you had! And nope, it isnt noticable at all. I'm just glad Tobie is ok and you cared enough to trouble shoot the problem. Tobie is lucky to have you.:)

Your house is beautiful. I love the mission style you have going on in there, the antique cabinet and the Royal Doulton? figurines. Very nice

Thank's for your kind comments. Thank's for not fussing at me for my stupidity for not doing this sooner. The netting came from Lowe's home improvement. It was in the garden section and was a 14'x14' roll for 5 dollars. Can't beat that can you. It's used to keep bird out of fruit trees and off patios etc.