dblhelix

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

judygram wrote:

I just like the name Josey, like Josey Wales, the Clint Eastwood movie. I wanted a name that is not that common for a pet unlike the name I gave my sun conure. Her name is Sunny, real original, probably a lot of suns named that.

Judy, I LOVE that, I grew up on Eastwood Westerns, I love the Good, the Bad and The Ugly too!

My hubby loves to cook for fun, (never to put a required meal on the table by dinner time or anything silly like that!) And he is a huge Bobby Flay fan. He and one of our friends have Flay competitions, we go back and forth between their house and ours...and Bobby Flay has a restaurant in Vegas called "The Mesa Grill". We were in Vegas a couple of months ago, and ate there and LOVED it. So, right after we were searching forever for the right name for our new baby. And, on one of the websites we were reading names on, we saw "Mesa". And it was like a lightbulb to us! :woohoo: Of course Mesa! so, we stole it, but still have a connection to it!

• 5 months later...

Most Indians claim their lineage from 16 wise men (Rishi/s).

I trace my lineage to a Rishi named Atri. So I suggested Atri. My wife asked me what it meant. When I explained it to her, she said why not call him just "Rishi" which means a sage and I found it was very appropriate.

We have not had Rishi sexed and we do not intend to. So we need not worry about a name change !!

Being from the deep south and married to a self-proclaimed redneck (as in works hard, shoots straight, not politically correct, and says what he means) and one who loves his Ole Miss Rebels, I let him name my little darling. Paul took one look at her an declared her to be "Dixie." She is grey after all and he and my son both have a love of civil war history. My own love of all things southern solidifed the choice as she reminds me very much of Bell from "Gone with the Wind." Very independent, very certain of herself and absolutely gorgeous. Thus, she is Dixie Bird Grey.

General Beauregard Grey will be joining us soon (hopefully today) and since we already have Dixie, another southern name was required, but I got to name him. I've always loved the name "Beau" so it seemed more than appropriate that he is GBG.

Tequila Blue is the sun conure. LP came up with his name since he has the most beautiful blue feathers on his wings and tail and the rest will be bright orange and yellow. In other words you would have to look close at him to find his blue. The tequila part came from Jill (F.A.R.T.).

George and Gracie (lovebirds - rip) were named after George Burns and Gracie Allen. That just seemed to fit them perfectly as they were a couple.

Our dogs are chinese pugs and were all named while sitting in chinese restaurant one evening, while in the planning stages of getting the dogs. We have Mi Chow Yun Fat (after the actor), Sushi Bar, and Mooshu Pork.