NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

new to this forum

jules

hi, this is the first time i have been on here i was wondering if anyone knows what could be wrong with my grey . . he has a large blister like lump underneath his chin which seems to have appeared today , im not sure what it is , would anyone have any suggestions . . . thankyou

Hey Jules,

I'm afraid I have no idea what it could be, but I think most people here would say to get your grey to an avian vet as soon as possible - and keep us posted.

What's the blister like, and how bothered is he by it - does he seem his usual self? Has anything changed in his routine recently?

Julia

Can you post a picture? This literally just showed up in the last 24 hrs? If so the most likely thing would be an acute injury (like from a fall or something). Is there blood or oozing? In any event if you cannot confidently determine what it is, I would make a vet appt ASAP. Are there any other symptoms affecting his behavior?

hi, thankyou for all your replies, fortunately the next day it seems to have got smaller, and now gone altogether, a friend said it could be maybe a bit of strain when hes talking ??? strange ! hes been fine in himself just the same as usual really, hopefully it wont come back , thankyou everyone . . jules

Jules, if it has been a while since he has seen a vet it might be a good idea to take him in to at least consult on what may have been going on. I know anything like that is worrisome. But I am glad he is better, just keep an eye on it in case it comes back.